Re: [nslu2-linux] Debianslug and ALSA

  • david
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 29, 2006
      I tried to load the precompiled module soundcore.ko provided by
      debianslug-3.10beta-kernel-sources.tar.bz2.

      the same error :
      insmod soundcore.ko
      insmod: error inserting 'soundcore.ko': -1 Invalid module format

      modinfo soundcore.ko
      filename: soundcore.ko
      alias: char-major-14-*
      license: GPL
      author: Alan Cox
      depends:
      vermagic: 2.6.16 preempt ARMv5 gcc-3.4

      uname -a
      Linux NSLU2 2.6.16 #1 PREEMPT Thu Jun 8 23:38:13 PDT 2006 armv5tel
      GNU/Linux

      David.

      --
      http://slugplayer.free.fr
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 29, 2006
        We use Debian Sarge to build the official nslu2-linux packages, hance gcc 3.4 ...

        -- Rod
        I have installed debianslug-3.10beta-kernel-sources.tar.bz2 and run

        'make modules'.

        No error.

        But the modules don't load correctly :

        insmod: error inserting 'soundcore.ko': -1 Invalid module format

        modinfo :

        filename: soundcore.ko

        author: Alan Cox

        license: GPL

        alias: char-major-14-*

        vermagic: 2.6.16 preempt ARMv5 gcc-4.1

        depends:

        Result of modinfo on a loadable module :

        filename: ext3.ko

        license: GPL

        author: Remy Card, Stephen Tweedie, Andrew Morton, Andreas

        Dilger, Theodore Ts'o and others

        depends: mbcache,jbd

        vermagic: 2.6.16 preempt ARMv5 gcc-3.4

        I think my problem is :

        debianslug image has been compiled with gcc-3.4

        And I compile with gcc-4.1

        No ?

        Thanks.

        --
        http://slugplayer.free.fr
      • david
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 30, 2006
          Hello
          I've good news !

          i succeed compile snd_usb_audio module with patch to support the remote
          control.

          I copy the kernel tree provided by the tarball on the slug.
          And I compile modules from this "good" tree after applied the patch.

          this take a long time.

          the modules loads successfully.

          Lirc catch the events when I use the remote control.

          The next step is to control MPD by the remote control....

          If anyone is interessed to use the remote control of Sound Blaster USB
          External, mail me.

          Thanks for your help !

          David.
          http://slugplayer.free.fr (my project using NSLU2 in French (sorry I'm