Re: [nslu2-linux] Serial port

  • m. allan noah
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2004
      make sure that minicom does not send a modem init string, and that you are
      using sw flow control, not hw.

      i usually set dtr drop time to 0, and modem has dcd line to no, unless you
      know that your serial adapter ties dcd to dtr.

      allan

      On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Roy M. Silvernail wrote:

      > I got my serial kit today. The wiki says redBoot uses 115200,8,N,1, but
      > I cannot seem to get any sensible data on startup. I confirmed that my
      > serial port is working and metered out the Vcc/gnd on the J2 port.
      > Everything looks right, but all I see is garbage characters in minicom.
      > Anyone have an idea?

    • Roy M. Silvernail
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2004
        On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 13:35, m. allan noah wrote:
        > make sure that minicom does not send a modem init string, and that you are
        > using sw flow control, not hw.

        PEBCAK. I ordered the 5V version instead of the 3.3V version. CompSys1
        was really quick with the first one, so I should have the right part in
        early next week.
        --
        Roy M. Silvernail is roy@..., and you're not
        "Progress, like reality, is not optional." - R. A. Hettinga