Does SlugOS 3.10 relase have suport for DVD devices?

  • Robert Demski
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
      When I switched to DebianSlug udev can't get proper device node for DVD
      device in dmesg are:
      usb 1-2.3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
      usb 1-2.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
      usb-storage: device found at 6
      usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
      Vendor: TSSTcorp Model: CD/DVDW SH-S162L Rev: TS06
      Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 00
      usb-storage: device scan complete
      Does this feature is enabled in kernel? Wher I can check it?
      When I switch back to kernel from Debian/NSLU2 /dev/scd0 is properly
      created with additional three lines in dmesg. something about attaching
      device. and then I can mount device.

      -- Demsey
    • Øyvind Repvik
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
        Robert Demski wrote:
        > When I switched to DebianSlug udev can't get proper device node for DVD
        > device in dmesg are:
        > usb 1-2.3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
        > usb 1-2.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
        > scsi4 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
        > usb-storage: device found at 6
        > usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
        > Vendor: TSSTcorp Model: CD/DVDW SH-S162L Rev: TS06
        > Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 00
        > usb-storage: device scan complete
        > Does this feature is enabled in kernel? Wher I can check it?
        > When I switch back to kernel from Debian/NSLU2 /dev/scd0 is properly
        > created with additional three lines in dmesg. something about attaching
        > device. and then I can mount device.

        You'll need the kernel module mod_sg (IIRC) for the scsi subsystem to be
        able to mount this drive.

        Regards,
        Øyvind

        > -- Demsey
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • fransmeulenbroeks
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@...> wrote:

          > You'll need the kernel module mod_sg (IIRC) for the scsi subsystem
          to be
          > able to mount this drive.

          Actually you'll need both modules cdrom and sr_mod.
          mod_sg is needed if you want to do audio extraction.
          Actually I thought there was something on this in the wiki, but I
          cannot find it any more.

          Btw: you might also be interested in the isofs module (it might even
          be that you need it, don't have a linux system handy to check).

          Frans
        • Robert Demski
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006
            I looking for it also on wiki but there I found about recording if
            cd/dvd node is present in system:)
            I thing that this modules (sr_mod.mod_sg and mod_sg) will resolved this
            problem. (I tried only with isofs module)

            Regards
            -- Demsey