Re: webcam modules -DebianSlug 3.10beta

  • downlalaway
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2006
      Adding more info -I found the very recent requests for pwc and spa5xx
      drivers (was looking too much for ovcamchip specific).
      Noting these I also added the compat_ioctl32.

      Did depmod -a, checked it loads with modprobe compat_ioctl32 and then
      rebooted.
      Unfortunately I still can't get it to recognise the ov511 webcam.
      dmesg | tail gives on insertion:
      usb 3-1.3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 8
      usb 3-1.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
      I loaded the modules with modprobe again to check and reinserted.

      I've just got this operational on a debianised Linkstation running
      2.6.17.3 which from lsmod gives:
      ov511 91108 0
      compat_ioctl32 1984 1 ov511
      videodev 11456 1 ov511
      ipv6 337388 20
      usbhid 53380 0
      -the same webcam having just been removed after successfuly operating.

      I'm struggling with this having tried for very many hours and any help
      would be very much appreciated.
      Thanks.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway" <downlalaway@...> wrote:

      > Hi, a first post here..
      >
      > I've done a fair but of searching but come up with little relevant on
      > howto get a ov511 webcam into the 2.6.16 kernel of DebianSlug 3.10-beta.
      > So far got a usb UPS, networked serving a combo epson usb cx3200
      > printer scanner for both functions and got smnp and ICEwm +vncserver
      > running so it all works well.
      >
      > Installing modules from the feed worked no problem for usblp and so
      > usb printing works great.
      > For webcam I installed ovcamchip and videodev from the ipkg feed
      > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/debianslug/cross/3.10-beta/
      > and did a depmod -a
      > Then 'modprobe ovcamchip' and 'modprobe videodev' so that they show up
      > using lsmod:
      > Module Size Used by
      > ovcamchip 16776 0
      > videodev 6112 0
      > ixp400_eth 17980 0
      > ixp400 946852 1 ixp400_eth
      > usbhid 35876 0
      > ext3 104232 1
      > jbd 46612 1 ext3
      > mbcache 5540 1 ext3
      >
      > From a disconnect and then reconnect I'm getting in syslog:
      > Jul 2 14:25:12 nslu1 snmpd[939]: Connection from UDP:
      [192.168.1.19]:3057