Re: Installing Apache

  • neilsimms
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@...>
      wrote:

      > Does Debian have an "ipkg" command?

      I was not expecting it to have ipkg. The wiki usualy refers to apt-get
      and dpkg. The README with the installer points to the wiki here:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/UsingTheBinary

      Near the bottom of the page, it says that packages are downloaded
      using the same utility as Unslung - ipkg

      With Unslung, I had to ipkg install unslung-feeds ; ipkg update to get
      this list of feeds up-to-date.
      The Debian install already has an extensive list of available
      packages, which does include unslung-feeds, but nothing named
      debian-feeds, or slugos-le-feeds or similar. There's no apache package
      in this list either.
      I tried installing unslung-feeds, but that failed.

      So, without it being in the ipkg feed, and without having apt-get and
      dpkg installed, how do I proceed?

      (BTW, the install was done by booting without the harddrive attached.
      Using the web pages to put it into 'Upgrade mode'. Using the Sercom
      util to load the image. ssh into the slug. turnup init to the
      harddrive (that still contained UnSlung.) I've since done turnup flash
      , turnup memstick - to get it running without the hd at all. It runs,
      but I'm no better off.)

      I'll probably re-flash it then turnup to a newly formatted memory
      stick and see if that helps.
    • neilsimms
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006
        I've re-flashed DebianSlug 3.10.

        Before running turnup memstick, I checked what package tool was available.

        ipkg is there, apt-get and dpkg are not.

        ipkg list does not show apache.
        It does show cherokee though...

        How do I get apache installed on a fresh DebianSlug?

        Thanks,
        Neil