RE: [nslu2-linux] how do I do multiple websites on NSLU2 with apache php-apache

  • Gregg C Levine
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hello!
      As I recall from working with Apache in desktop Linux, some things need to
      be set or even changed from the default settings via a configuration file.
      Examine the etc directory for the httpd.conf file. That file should contain
      those settings. Next follow the usual guidelines for virtual hosts. And
      above all backup your work.
      --
      Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
      "The Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

      Behalf
> [...]
      unSlung). For
      > virtual hosting setups, if you use more than one port at the same time,
      say 80, and 8000 then
      > apache2 does not work at all. I had used the two port configuration
      earlier on another linux
      > fine, before migrating to unSlung. I need to log in a bug report for this.
      >
      > Cordially, Chacko
      >

      > --Original Message Text---
      > From: Tom Coburn
      > Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 19:08:30 -0400
      >
      > its ok, thank you CN :) I don't mind at all that the admin panel is
      controlled by
      > thttpd, just so long as I can change the port its listening on that
      doesn't matter :)
      > mainly just wanted my website on apache :) thanks much.
      >

      > On 6/30/06, CN < t4chacko@... <mailto:t4chacko@...> >
      wrote: --
      > Original Message Text---
      > From: Tom Coburn
      > Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:05:36 -0400
      >

      > I am using Unslug 6.8 beta on my NSLU2, just installed it yesterday
      for the first time,

      > I did
      > ipkg install php-Apache
      >
      > to install the apache 2.0.54 and PHP 5 stuff..
      >
      > How do I host a website on here so it uses port 80 for both the web
      panel, and my
      > domain?
      >
      > I looked at this page:
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/VirtualHostingWithTHTTPD
      >

      > on "how to virtual hosting with thttpd" but the images on that page
      are gone, tried
      > reloading a few times but images are still gone :(
      >
      > all I'm trying to do is host my domain on the NSLU2 with
      php,apache,mysql support
      > so I can test forum software on it, does anyone have a tutorial on how to
      accomplish this?

      > I don't want the website to run on port 8000 I want it to run on
      port 80, I don't care if
      > the web panel runs on another port other then 80 or not, but the website I
      don't want to, does
      > anyone have a tutorial or walkthru on how to do this? I'd rather use
      apache then thttpd just
      > because I'm more fimilar with apache
      >
      > thanks
      >

      > Tom,
      >
      > Let me give you a few guide lines, some of these you might already
      know. You can
      > ask me more questions. I do run apache on unSlung5.5 now. The admin web
      pages is run by
      > thttpd, that was part of the linksys. You can run apache and the thttpd at
      the same time, but
      > you need to tell apache not to grab all the ports but only the ones it
      wants, in this case 80. I
      > forgot now exactly what the setting is, but Listen may be the one... There
      are some other
      > interactions too. It may be difficult to migrate the web admin pages to
      your apche, since it is
      > sort intgrated into the orignal page, but I am sure it can be done too.

    • Tom Coburn

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2006
          Tom,

          Are you implying that port 80 works ok on unSlung 5.5 ? But with the same apache config it does not work in 6.8? If that case I do not know it is a puzzle to me.

          But it does not work on unSlung at all, then most likely your thttpd is grabbing port 80 before apache can startup. Try the check

          httpd -S
          see if you get any diagnostics... It port 80 not available, then, I am pretty sure another application, most likely thttpd has already bound port 80.

          Experiment. Just kill the thttpd daemon, and then start apache again, and see it fixes the problem... Of course, you have a need to have thttpd server 80 also, then you have no easy way out.

          Cordially, Chacko

          --Original Message Text---