Re: [nslu2-linux] Installing Apache

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 3:03 PM
      Does Debian have an "ipkg" command?

      I wonder if you, perhaps, have also created a *new* hybrid installation:
      "unDebianSlugslung"? "DebianUnslung"? :-)

      If you installed overtop of the Unslung distribution, you may well have all
      manner of strangeness; there is no defined "upgrade" path from Unslung to
      any other distribution (including OpenSlug). What you end up with is pretty
      much undefined.

      (If ipkg *does* come with the debianslug installation, then forget the above
      paragraph.)

      Mike (mwester)

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2 4:01 AM
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@...>
        wrote:

        > Does Debian have an "ipkg" command?

        I was not expecting it to have ipkg. The wiki usualy refers to apt-get
        and dpkg. The README with the installer points to the wiki here:
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/UsingTheBinary

        Near the bottom of the page, it says that packages are downloaded
        using the same utility as Unslung - ipkg

        With Unslung, I had to ipkg install unslung-feeds ; ipkg update to get
        this list of feeds up-to-date.
        The Debian install already has an extensive list of available
        packages, which does include unslung-feeds, but nothing named
        debian-feeds, or slugos-le-feeds or similar. There's no apache package
        in this list either.
        I tried installing unslung-feeds, but that failed.

        So, without it being in the ipkg feed, and without having apt-get and
        dpkg installed, how do I proceed?

        (BTW, the install was done by booting without the harddrive attached.
        Using the web pages to put it into 'Upgrade mode'. Using the Sercom
        util to load the image. ssh into the slug. turnup init to the
        harddrive (that still contained UnSlung.) I've since done turnup flash
        , turnup memstick - to get it running without the hd at all. It runs,
        but I'm no better off.)

        I'll probably re-flash it then turnup to a newly formatted memory
        stick and see if that helps.
      • neilsimms
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4 6:34 AM
          I've re-flashed DebianSlug 3.10.

          Before running turnup memstick, I checked what package tool was available.

          ipkg is there, apt-get and dpkg are not.

          ipkg list does not show apache.
          It does show cherokee though...

          How do I get apache installed on a fresh DebianSlug?

          Thanks,
          Neil