gnuplot or another plotting package

  • Andrew Redfern
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hi I'm trying to find a plotting package to work with the slug.  Has anyone got gnuplot working or have another plotting package that works for outputting a file that can be displayed in a web browser?

      Thanks,
      Andrew

    • rob_738
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 24 10:10 PM
        Have you looked at the rrdtool..round robin database with graph
        support. its installed via ipkg and works OK on the UNslung 6.8

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Redfern
        <andrew_redfern2000@...> wrote:

        > Hi I'm trying to find a plotting package to work with the slug.
        Has anyone got gnuplot working or have another plotting package
        that works for outputting a file that can be displayed in a web
        browser?

        > Thanks,
        > Andrew
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically
        different. Just radically better.

      • Robert Vassar
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25 7:05 AM

          I compiled gnuplot some time ago to generate some png files in a cron job.  It's pretty trivial.  Just make sure you have the various graphics libraries you need for the desired output.

          I used something like this:

            ./configure --prefix=<install dir> --with-png=/opt/lib --with-gif=png --oldincludedir=/opt/include
          make
          make install

          Rob

          <andrew_redfern2000@...> wrote:

          > Hi I'm trying to find a plotting package to work with the slug.
          Has anyone got gnuplot working or have another plotting package
          that works for outputting a file that can be displayed in a web
          browser?

          > Thanks,
          > Andrew

        • Marcel Nijenhof
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 25 2:25 PM

            http://ipkgfind.nslu2-linux.org/details.php?package=php-gd&id=2781938&official=

            --
            Marceln
          • Rob Conway
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 25 6:25 PM
              have you looked at rrdtool.....works great for Unslung 6.8  I have a simple bash script pushing data into it and a simple script for creating the graphs.  ONly thing is it only has one scale for the vertical axis so all lines have to be scaled the same