lighttpd w/ strange permission problems

  • cyanesc3nt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2006
      It may be getting late, and I may be barking up the wrong tree... (
      I'm taking a wild guess that this is something slug specific, because
      google says nothing)

      Having installed lighttpd on recently overclocked unslung 6.8, fcgi
      installs fine, slug is serving python scripts as fast as mod_php. no
      problem.

      Now, I add some additional vhosts, and put up some directories outside
      of my www_root. Suddenly I have permission problems (even after a
      chmod 777).. after playing around, I switch lighttpd back to a root
      process, and voila! it works again.

      Has anyone else seen this on their slug before ?

      Regards

      - Niel Drummond