Re: [nslu2-linux] rsnapshot version 1.2.9

  • Nicola Fankhauser
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
      i455canon wrote:
      > That is, I was able to run rsnapshot but sadly he didn't hardlink
      > subsequent snapshots as expected, instead it made a full copy every
      > time.

      did you make sure to store the backups on a linux file system like ext3?
      AFAIK fat32 does not support hardlinks. HTH.

      regards
      nicola
    • mlugassy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
        I get the following error when I try to install either rsync or
        rsnapshot..is that because the new version isn't on the download
        server yet? If so, any ETA when it might be on the server? Otherwise,
        if that's not the issue, why am I getting this error message?:

        # ipkg install rsync
        Installing rsync (2.6.7-2) to root...
        Downloading
        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/rsync_2.6.7-2_armeb.ipk
        wget: server returned error 404: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
        Nothing to be done
        An error ocurred, return value: 22.
        Collected errors:
        ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget
        --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-ectfti
        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/rsync_2.6.7-2_armeb.ipk'
        Failed to download rsync. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

        > On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 11:28 +0000, i455canon wrote:
        > > Can someone tell me how to install the latest version (ie 1.2.9) of
        > > rsnapshot on the slug. It seems that the one provided by ipkg suffer
        > > from a security problem.
        >
        > I updated the package for "rsync" and "rsnapshot".
        > The new versions will appear on the download server in a few days.
        >
        > --
        > Marceln

      • Mike (mwester)
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
          Have you run "ipkg update" as the message suggests?

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
            Yes..of course I tried the ipkg update command... still gives the same
            error message when I try to install afterwards..

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
              I think the problem is that there is no rsync_2.6.7-2 in the
              /unslung/cross dir...
              how do we get it back there?