RE: [nslu2-linux] Where to buy slug from ?

  • CN
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
      Gregg,

      Thanks for the info. I have not been keeping up on this. Does you msg imply at all that the slug is no longer in production?

      Cordially, Chacko

      On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:05:16 -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:

      > Hello!
      > Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
      > one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
      > physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
      > sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
      > depend on where you live.
      > ---
      > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
      > ---
      > "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

    • Brian Wood
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        On Jun 2, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Gregg C Levine wrote:

        > Hello!
        > Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
        > one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
        > physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
        > sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
        > depend on where you live.
        > ---
        > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
        > ---
        > "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

        Believe it or not I've bought 3 of my 4 from WalMart. They were
        cheaper than the local OfficeMax, the only other retail store in town
        that carried them.

        Circuit City said they don't carry them because "we don't sell them",
        circular logic if I ever heard it.

        Much as I hate to support SprawlMart, they did have the best price.
      • Gregg C Levine
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          Hello!
          A good guess. That's what I originally thought when I saw how the
          LinkSys site was ignoring the thing on its front. It turns out that
          the company wasn't ignoring the thing. It was spending too much time
          on the impending Wireless boom. Now with the heralded release of the
          latest firmware, we know that they are still supporting it.

          No I was actually implying that the online experience is more
          interesting. Especially since Amazon is trying to hard to become the
          Sears Roebuck of the online shopping world. I normally buy certain
          books from their network of out of print vendors so I immediately
          thought of them first. They do have a good sized electronics
          department.