RE: [nslu2-linux] Where to buy slug from ?

  • Gregg C Levine
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
      Hello!
      Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
      one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
      physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
      sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
      depend on where you live.
      ---
      Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
      ---
      "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

    • CN
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        Gregg,

        Thanks for the info. I have not been keeping up on this. Does you msg imply at all that the slug is no longer in production?

        Cordially, Chacko

        On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:05:16 -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:

        > Hello!
        > Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
        > one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
        > physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
        > sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
        > depend on where you live.
        > ---
        > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
        > ---
        > "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

      • Brian Wood
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          On Jun 2, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Gregg C Levine wrote:

          > Hello!
          > Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
          > one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
          > physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
          > sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
          > depend on where you live.
          > ---
          > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
          > ---
          > "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

          Believe it or not I've bought 3 of my 4 from WalMart. They were
          cheaper than the local OfficeMax, the only other retail store in town
          that carried them.

          Circuit City said they don't carry them because "we don't sell them",
          circular logic if I ever heard it.

          Much as I hate to support SprawlMart, they did have the best price.
        • Gregg C Levine
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
            Hello!
            A good guess. That's what I originally thought when I saw how the
            LinkSys site was ignoring the thing on its front. It turns out that
            the company wasn't ignoring the thing. It was spending too much time
            on the impending Wireless boom. Now with the heralded release of the
            latest firmware, we know that they are still supporting it.

            No I was actually implying that the online experience is more
            interesting. Especially since Amazon is trying to hard to become the
            Sears Roebuck of the online shopping world. I normally buy certain
            books from their network of out of print vendors so I immediately
            thought of them first. They do have a good sized electronics
            department.