Building php5

  • Mark.Howells@softoption.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006

      I'm trying to rebuild php with fastcgi support. I've added
      --enable-fastcgi to php_5.0.5.bb.

      However, the build fails during configure, complaining that libz isn't
      installed. From the log ... :

      checking for ZLIB support... yes
      checking if the location of ZLIB install directory is defined...
      /home/mark/openslug/openslug/tmp/staging/armeb-linux/lib/..
      checking for gzgets in -lz... no
      configure: error: ZLIB extension requires zlib >= 1.0.9I've built

      I have two questions - the obvious one is "how do I fix it?" ;) I've
      build zlib and it seems to be installed in the staging directory

      The second concerns the use of {$STAGING_LIBDIR} the config value
      --with-zlib-dir is set to {$STAGING_LIBDIR}/.. rather than
      {$STAGING_LIBDIR}... ?

      BTW is I build the original (unmodified bb file from the HEAD I get the
      same result).

      Thanks for any help

      mark
    • tonymy01
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        Message
        Any reason for not simply installing ipkg:

        php-fcgi - 5.1.4-2 - The php scripting language, built as an fcgi module
        I just set this up with lighttpd and fast_cgi and it works a treat, and a bit less bloated than apache.

        Regards
        Tonymy01
        --
        http://tonyspage.abock.de for nearly any Topfield info...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
          tonymy01 wrote:
          > Any reason for not simply installing ipkg:
          >
          > php-fcgi - 5.1.4-2 - The php scripting language, built as an fcgi module
          > I just set this up with lighttpd and fast_cgi and it works a treat, and
          > a bit less bloated than apache.

          I should have said in my post that I'm using OpenSlug (not Unslung) as I
          need a 2.6 kernel for what I'm working on. No php-fcgi for OpenSlug :(

          BTW, When I used Unslung I did what you suggested - using Cherokee and
          got impressive results for a 266 MHz machine.

          Cheers

          Mark