Re: [nslu2-linux] Where to buy slug from ?

  • Jim Jerzycke
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      eBay! Got mine brand-new in the box for $45, plus
      shipping.
      Jim
      --- CN <t4chacko@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Which is the low priced place in the US to buy a slug
      from?

      Cordially, Chacko

      Communication and networking
      Wireless communication and networking
      Linksys nslu2

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------
    • Gregg C Levine
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        Hello!
        Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
        one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
        physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
        sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
        depend on where you live.
        ---
        Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
        ---
        "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

      • CN
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          Gregg,

          Thanks for the info. I have not been keeping up on this. Does you msg imply at all that the slug is no longer in production?

          Cordially, Chacko

          On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:05:16 -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:

          > Hello!
          > Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
          > one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
          > physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
          > sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
          > depend on where you live.
          > ---
          > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
          > ---
          > "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

        • Brian Wood
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
            On Jun 2, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Gregg C Levine wrote:

            > Hello!
            > Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
            > one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
            > physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
            > sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
            > depend on where you live.
            > ---
            > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
            > ---
            > "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

            Believe it or not I've bought 3 of my 4 from WalMart. They were
            cheaper than the local OfficeMax, the only other retail store in town
            that carried them.

            Circuit City said they don't carry them because "we don't sell them",
            circular logic if I ever heard it.

            Much as I hate to support SprawlMart, they did have the best price.
          • Gregg C Levine
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
              Hello!
              A good guess. That's what I originally thought when I saw how the
              LinkSys site was ignoring the thing on its front. It turns out that
              the company wasn't ignoring the thing. It was spending too much time
              on the impending Wireless boom. Now with the heralded release of the
              latest firmware, we know that they are still supporting it.

              No I was actually implying that the online experience is more
              interesting. Especially since Amazon is trying to hard to become the
              Sears Roebuck of the online shopping world. I normally buy certain
              books from their network of out of print vendors so I immediately
              thought of them first. They do have a good sized electronics
              department.