Where to buy slug from ?

  • CN
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      Which is the low priced place in the US to buy a slug from?

      Cordially, Chacko
    • Jim Jerzycke
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
        eBay! Got mine brand-new in the box for $45, plus
        shipping.
        Jim
        --- CN <t4chacko@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Which is the low priced place in the US to buy a slug
        from?

        Cordially, Chacko

        Communication and networking
        Wireless communication and networking
        Linksys nslu2

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------
      • Gregg C Levine
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          Hello!
          Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
          one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
          physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
          sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
          depend on where you live.
          ---
          Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
          ---
          "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

        • CN
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
            Gregg,

            Thanks for the info. I have not been keeping up on this. Does you msg imply at all that the slug is no longer in production?

            Cordially, Chacko

            On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:05:16 -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:

            > Hello!
            > Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
            > one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
            > physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
            > sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
            > depend on where you live.
            > ---
            > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
            > ---
            > "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

          • Brian Wood
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
              On Jun 2, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Gregg C Levine wrote:

              > Hello!
              > Do you want this to be a online shopping experience? Or a physical
              > one? For online, its first for Amazon, and then for NewEgg. For
              > physical, its any of the surviving computer stores that have a good
              > sized inventory of such items. And for the physical one, it may even
              > depend on where you live.
              > ---
              > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
              > ---
              > "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

              Believe it or not I've bought 3 of my 4 from WalMart. They were
              cheaper than the local OfficeMax, the only other retail store in town
              that carried them.

              Circuit City said they don't carry them because "we don't sell them",
              circular logic if I ever heard it.

              Much as I hate to support SprawlMart, they did have the best price.
            • Gregg C Levine
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
                Hello!
                A good guess. That's what I originally thought when I saw how the
                LinkSys site was ignoring the thing on its front. It turns out that
                the company wasn't ignoring the thing. It was spending too much time
                on the impending Wireless boom. Now with the heralded release of the
                latest firmware, we know that they are still supporting it.

                No I was actually implying that the online experience is more
                interesting. Especially since Amazon is trying to hard to become the
                Sears Roebuck of the online shopping world. I normally buy certain
                books from their network of out of print vendors so I immediately
                thought of them first. They do have a good sized electronics
                department.