Re: could Enhanced Ctorrent be ported to the NSLU2?

  • jl0242
    Message 1 of 56 , May 2, 2006
      Can't wait for this new package :D

      For those that have successfully ported Enhanced CTorrent, have you
      also been successful with the Control Server?

      http://www.rahul.net/dholmes/ctorrent/ctcs.html

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Fernando Carolo" <carolo@...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Rod Whitby"
      > <list.nslu2-linux@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is this new package based on a completely different upstream package
      > than the current ctorrent, or is it just a later version of the same
      > package? That's the basis on which a decision on package naming
      > should be made.
      >
      > The new package is based on Enhanced CTorrent version "dnh2"
      > (http://www.rahul.net/dholmes/ctorrent/), a heavily modified version
      > of the original CTorrent (http://ctorrent.sourceforge.net). Although
      > it is based on the original CTorrent 1.3.4 code, there were many
      > changes to the original code and I do not believe that it should be
      > handled simply as a new version of the original package (you can check
      > the change log at
      > http://www.rahul.net/dholmes/ctorrent/changelog.html). In this case, I
      > would like to name the new package "enhanced-ctorrent", so it is
      > clearly distinguished from the original one.
      >
      > > As for the executable name, it should be named the same as the
      > original package. If that conflicts with an existing package, then
      > you must use the alternatives system on both packages to resolve the
      > conflict.
      >
      > Ok, the alternatives system is the way to go here, keeping the same
      > file names used in both upstream packages. In this case, the current
      > CTorrent package (ctorrent-1.3.4-2) does not use the alternative
      > system, so I guess I also need to update this package, changing the
      > makefile and adding a postinst script. Does anybody know if adding the
      > alternative system will somehow cause trouble for users of the current
      > version if they try to install enhanced-ctorrent before upgrading the
      > original CTorrent?
      >
      > --
      > fcarolo

    • Fernando Carolo
      Message 56 of 56 , Jul 21 3:00 PM
        I would like to do it, but I am doing some other tests with my slug
        that involve Unslung, so I don't have a test platform for OpenSlug
        right now. I plan to buy a second one soon, but not before I have a
        chance to travel to the US.

        Regards,

        Fernando