[Ann] Squeak Smalltalk ported to optware

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      The nslu2 package just got into the feed.

      If anyone is interested in Smalltalk or Seaside, I've created a new
      wiki page to help get started:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/RunSqueakSmalltalk

      Not a speed daemon for sure,
      0 tinyBenchmarks
      '14692378 bytecodes/sec; 551451 sends/sec'

      But quite usable via squeak's builtin RemoteFrameBuffer (VNC) Server.
      Actually I would say it's the best GUI I've seen running on the slug.

      For web development, Seaside is the most innovative framework out
      there. The speed of the Seaside example serving from slug is also
      quite usable for personal low-traffic site.

      Cheers,

      -Brian Zhou