Re: Has someone broke debianslug ?

  • h8dc
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1 5:04 AM
      Regarding the "ixp4xx-csr-2.1-r9" error. I'm running Etch and was
      getting that same error as well. It was after I upgraded Etch
      ("make dist-upgrade") that the error went away.

      Hope that helps.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Watts" <c.j.watts@...>
      wrote:

      > The Wiki recommends Sarge or Etch, I choose Etch. I'm loading
      Sarge and if

      linux@yahoogroups.com] On
      > Behalf Of Rod Whitby
      > Sent: 1 May 2006 3:30 AM
      > To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [nslu2-linux] Has someone broke debianslug ?
      >

      > Multiple heads is an expected and common occurrance with a
      distributed
      > configuration management system. It does not indicate a corrupted
      monotone
      > database.
      >
      > The autobuilders are building debianslug fine:
      > http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/buildlogs/autobuild-nudi-last.txt
      >
      > I had the "this file should not be compiled" problem when using
      Debian Sid
      > to compile. I went back to Debian Sarge (which is what the
      autobuilder
      > uses) and it was fine.
      >
      > -- Rod
      >
      > On 4/30/06, Chris Watts <c.j.watts@...> wrote:
      >
      > Now things are really getting worse.
      >
      > Branch org.openembedded.dev has multiple heads !
      >
      > Has someone corrupted monotone archive again!

      t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi

      cation+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Lin
      ksys+ns
      > lu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=ncJ7zHuN94kilWuTSDl3Vw> Wireless
      communication and
      > networking
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w

      1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networki
      ng&w3=L
      > inksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=-1Cy7rgDdkUo3T3bGhOAAw> Linksys nslu2
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Linksys+nslu2&w1=Communication+and+netw

      orking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&
      s=96&.s
      > ig=j3mKdhnq2Dp0IwkO41UTZg>
      >
      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "nslu2-linux
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux> " on the web.

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      > _____

      > Communication
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi

      cation+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Lin
      ksys+ns
      > lu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=ncJ7zHuN94kilWuTSDl3Vw> and networking
      Wireless
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w

      1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networki
      ng&w3=L
      > inksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=-1Cy7rgDdkUo3T3bGhOAAw> communication
      and
      > networking Linksys
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Linksys+nslu2&w1=Communication+and+netw

      orking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&
      s=96&.s
      > ig=j3mKdhnq2Dp0IwkO41UTZg> nslu2
      >
      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "nslu2-linux
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux> " on the web.

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      Service
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      >

      > _____

    • Chris Watts
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1 8:25 AM
        Yes, it did thanks. First I tried reinstalling Sarge but for some reason it
        didn't want to compile on my PC, eventhough Rod mentioned that the
        autobuilders run Sarge! Then I tried upgrading to Etch and performing the
        make dist-upgrade and that worked fine. I take it didn't like an old
        release.

        Thanks

        Chris

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1 2:15 PM
          All of the nslu2-linux deliverables are built on Debian Sarge.

          -- Rod
          wrote:
          Now things are really getting
          worse.

          Branch org.openembedded.dev has multiple heads !

          Has
          someone corrupted monotone archive again!

          ixp4xx-csr-2.1-r9
          > > Log showed missing files

          Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/qmgr-component-dependencies.d : No > such
          file or directory
          > Makefile:1227:
          lib/linuxle/npeMh-component-dependencies.d: No > such file or
          directory
          > Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/npeDl-component-dependencies.d:
          No > such file or directory > Makefile:1227:
          lib/linuxle/ethAcc-component-dependencies.d: > No such file or
          directory
          > Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/ethDB-component-dependencies.d:
          No > such file or directory
          > Makefile:1227:
          lib/linuxle/ethMii- component-dependencies.d: > No such file or
          directory
          > Makefile:1227: >
          lib/linuxle/featureCtrl-component-dependencies.d: No such > file or
          directory
          > Makefile:1227: > lib/linuxle/osServices-
          component-dependencies.d: No such file > or directory

          Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/oslinux-component-dependencies.d: > No
          such file or directory
          > > Plus it stopped after trying to
          compile ixp400.c which the > contents says this file mustn't be
          compiled!
          > > Any idea's why this is happening?
          >
          > What I did to try to compile debianslug was

          download IPL_ixp400AccessLibrary-2_1.zip and > IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-
          2_1.zip md5sum them.
          > > mkdir -p ~/slug
          > cd
          ~/slug
          > wget --cache=off http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile
          > make
          setup-host-debian
          > make update
          > make debianslug-image
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links >

          SPONSORED
          LINKS Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking Linksys nslu2
          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          Visit your group " nslu2-linux" on the web.
          to:

          Service.