Re: loading kernel modules in openslug

  • Matt_Durkin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2006
      Hi Andrey,
      did you ever get any further with this? I'm trying to boot from a raid
      array and am stuck with the kernel not having the modules
      pre-compiled. I don't know where I can store the kernel modules in
      order to load them at boot (e.g. in initrd/linuxrc).
      If you did get any further, could you let me know how?
      Thanks
      Matt

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "tre089" <tre089@...> wrote:

      > What triggers loading of a module?
      >
      > I my case I have installed kernel-module-md (I am setting up software
      > RAID), rebooted... and the module is not up.
      >
      > I can successfully "modprobe md" manually. My module loads then (till
      > the next reboot) and my raid works fine, but I got this nagging
      > feeling that there is a more elegant built-in mechanism...
      >
      > Any pointers welcome!
      >
      > Thx!
      >
      > ~Andrey

    • dunkclimbs
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2006
        so i haven't played with this on the slug but try playing with the
        following files/directory:
        /etc/modules
        /etc/modprobe.conf
        /etc/modutils/