RE: [nslu2-linux] Has someone broke debianslug ?

  • Chris Watts
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30 11:36 PM
      The Wiki recommends Sarge or Etch, I choose Etch.  I'm loading Sarge and if this works I take it change the Wiki to Sarge only or is Etch required for other builds?

      Chris

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2006
        Regarding the "ixp4xx-csr-2.1-r9" error. I'm running Etch and was
        getting that same error as well. It was after I upgraded Etch
        ("make dist-upgrade") that the error went away.

        Hope that helps.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Watts" <c.j.watts@...>
        wrote:

        > The Wiki recommends Sarge or Etch, I choose Etch. I'm loading
        Sarge and if
        > this works I take it change the Wiki to Sarge only or is Etch
        required for
        > other builds?
        >
        > Chris
        >

        > _____

        t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi

        cation+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Lin
        ksys+ns
        > lu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=ncJ7zHuN94kilWuTSDl3Vw> Wireless
        communication and
        > networking
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w

        1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networki
        ng&w3=L
        > inksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=-1Cy7rgDdkUo3T3bGhOAAw> Linksys nslu2
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Linksys+nslu2&w1=Communication+and+netw

        orking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&
        s=96&.s
        > ig=j3mKdhnq2Dp0IwkO41UTZg>
        >
        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "nslu2-linux
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux> " on the web.

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        > _____

        > Communication
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi

        cation+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Lin
        ksys+ns
        > lu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=ncJ7zHuN94kilWuTSDl3Vw> and networking
        Wireless
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w

        1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networki
        ng&w3=L
        > inksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=-1Cy7rgDdkUo3T3bGhOAAw> communication
        and
        > networking Linksys
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Linksys+nslu2&w1=Communication+and+netw

        orking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&
        s=96&.s
        > ig=j3mKdhnq2Dp0IwkO41UTZg> nslu2
        >
        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "nslu2-linux
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux> " on the web.

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        Service
        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        >

        > _____

      • Chris Watts
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2006
          Yes, it did thanks. First I tried reinstalling Sarge but for some reason it
          didn't want to compile on my PC, eventhough Rod mentioned that the
          autobuilders run Sarge! Then I tried upgrading to Etch and performing the
          make dist-upgrade and that worked fine. I take it didn't like an old
          release.

          Thanks

          Chris

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2006
            All of the nslu2-linux deliverables are built on Debian Sarge.

            -- Rod
            wrote:
            Now things are really getting
            worse.

            Branch org.openembedded.dev has multiple heads !

            Has
            someone corrupted monotone archive again!

            ixp4xx-csr-2.1-r9
            > > Log showed missing files

            Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/qmgr-component-dependencies.d : No > such
            file or directory
            > Makefile:1227:
            lib/linuxle/npeMh-component-dependencies.d: No > such file or
            directory
            > Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/npeDl-component-dependencies.d:
            No > such file or directory > Makefile:1227:
            lib/linuxle/ethAcc-component-dependencies.d: > No such file or
            directory
            > Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/ethDB-component-dependencies.d:
            No > such file or directory
            > Makefile:1227:
            lib/linuxle/ethMii- component-dependencies.d: > No such file or
            directory
            > Makefile:1227: >
            lib/linuxle/featureCtrl-component-dependencies.d: No such > file or
            directory
            > Makefile:1227: > lib/linuxle/osServices-
            component-dependencies.d: No such file > or directory

            Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/oslinux-component-dependencies.d: > No
            such file or directory
            > > Plus it stopped after trying to
            compile ixp400.c which the > contents says this file mustn't be
            compiled!
            > > Any idea's why this is happening?
            >
            > What I did to try to compile debianslug was

            download IPL_ixp400AccessLibrary-2_1.zip and > IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-
            2_1.zip md5sum them.
            > > mkdir -p ~/slug
            > cd
            ~/slug
            > wget --cache=off http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile
            > make
            setup-host-debian
            > make update
            > make debianslug-image
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links >

            SPONSORED
            LINKS Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking Linksys nslu2
            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            Visit your group " nslu2-linux" on the web.
            to:

            Service.