Has someone broke debianslug ?

  • Chris Watts
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2006
      Just tried to compile debianslug without sucess.

      It seems to be failing at ixp4xx-csr-2.1-r9

      Log showed missing files

      Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/qmgr-component-dependencies.d: No such
      file or directory
      Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/npeMh-component-dependencies.d: No such
      file or directory
      Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/npeDl-component-dependencies.d: No such
      file or directory
      Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/ethAcc-component-dependencies.d: No such
      file or directory
      Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/ethDB-component-dependencies.d: No such
      file or directory
      Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/ethMii-component-dependencies.d: No such
      file or directory
      Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/featureCtrl-component-dependencies.d: No
      such file or directory
      Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/osServices-component-dependencies.d: No
      such file or directory
      Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/oslinux-component-dependencies.d: No such
      file or directory

      Plus it stopped after trying to compile ixp400.c which the contents
      says this file mustn't be compiled!

      Any idea's why this is happening?

      What I did to try to compile debianslug was

      download IPL_ixp400AccessLibrary-2_1.zip and IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-
      2_1.zip md5sum them.

      mkdir -p ~/slug
      cd ~/slug
      wget --cache=off http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile
      make setup-host-debian
      make update
      make debianslug-image
    • Chris Watts
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2006
        Now things are really getting worse.

        Branch org.openembedded.dev has multiple heads !

        Has someone corrupted monotone archive again!

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2006
          Multiple heads is an expected and common occurrance with a distributed configuration management system.  It does not indicate a corrupted monotone database.

          The autobuilders are building debianslug fine: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/buildlogs/autobuild-nudi-last.txt

          I had the "this file should not be compiled" problem when using Debian Sid to compile.  I went back to Debian Sarge (which is what the autobuilder uses) and it was fine.

          -- Rod

          On 4/30/06, Chris Watts <c.j.watts@...> wrote:
          Now things are really getting worse.

          Branch org.openembedded.dev has multiple heads !

          Has someone corrupted monotone archive again!

          Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking Linksys nslu2

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Chris Watts
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30, 2006
            The Wiki recommends Sarge or Etch, I choose Etch.  I'm loading Sarge and if this works I take it change the Wiki to Sarge only or is Etch required for other builds?

            Chris

            Multiple heads is an expected and common occurrance with a distributed configuration management system.  It does not indicate a corrupted monotone database.

            The autobuilders are building debianslug fine: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/buildlogs/autobuild-nudi-last.txt

            I had the "this file should not be compiled" problem when using Debian Sid to compile.  I went back to Debian Sarge (which is what the autobuilder uses) and it was fine.

            -- Rod

            On 4/30/06, Chris Watts <c.j.watts@...> wrote:
            Now things are really getting worse.

            Branch org.openembedded.dev has multiple heads !

            Has someone corrupted monotone archive again!

          • h8dc
            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2006
              Regarding the "ixp4xx-csr-2.1-r9" error. I'm running Etch and was
              getting that same error as well. It was after I upgraded Etch
              ("make dist-upgrade") that the error went away.

              Hope that helps.

              --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Watts" <c.j.watts@...>
              wrote:

              > The Wiki recommends Sarge or Etch, I choose Etch. I'm loading
              Sarge and if
              > this works I take it change the Wiki to Sarge only or is Etch
              required for
              > other builds?
              >
              > Chris
              >

              > _____

              t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi

              cation+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Lin
              ksys+ns
              > lu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=ncJ7zHuN94kilWuTSDl3Vw> Wireless
              communication and
              > networking
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w

              1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networki
              ng&w3=L
              > inksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=-1Cy7rgDdkUo3T3bGhOAAw> Linksys nslu2
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Linksys+nslu2&w1=Communication+and+netw

              orking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&
              s=96&.s
              > ig=j3mKdhnq2Dp0IwkO41UTZg>
              >
              > _____
              >
              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >

              > * Visit your group "nslu2-linux
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux> " on the web.

              subject=Unsubscribe>

              > _____

              > Communication
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi

              cation+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Lin
              ksys+ns
              > lu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=ncJ7zHuN94kilWuTSDl3Vw> and networking
              Wireless
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w

              1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networki
              ng&w3=L
              > inksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=-1Cy7rgDdkUo3T3bGhOAAw> communication
              and
              > networking Linksys
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Linksys+nslu2&w1=Communication+and+netw

              orking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&
              s=96&.s
              > ig=j3mKdhnq2Dp0IwkO41UTZg> nslu2
              >
              > _____
              >
              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >

              > * Visit your group "nslu2-linux
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux> " on the web.

              subject=Unsubscribe>

              Service
              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
              >

              > _____

            • Chris Watts
              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2006
                Yes, it did thanks. First I tried reinstalling Sarge but for some reason it
                didn't want to compile on my PC, eventhough Rod mentioned that the
                autobuilders run Sarge! Then I tried upgrading to Etch and performing the
                make dist-upgrade and that worked fine. I take it didn't like an old
                release.

                Thanks

                Chris

                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2006
                  All of the nslu2-linux deliverables are built on Debian Sarge.

                  -- Rod
                  wrote:
                  Now things are really getting
                  worse.

                  Branch org.openembedded.dev has multiple heads !

                  Has
                  someone corrupted monotone archive again!

                  Has someone broke debianslug ? > > Just tried to compile
                  debianslug without sucess.
                  > > It seems to be failing at
                  ixp4xx-csr-2.1-r9
                  > > Log showed missing files

                  Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/qmgr-component-dependencies.d : No > such
                  file or directory
                  > Makefile:1227:
                  lib/linuxle/npeMh-component-dependencies.d: No > such file or
                  directory
                  > Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/npeDl-component-dependencies.d:
                  No > such file or directory > Makefile:1227:
                  lib/linuxle/ethAcc-component-dependencies.d: > No such file or
                  directory
                  > Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/ethDB-component-dependencies.d:
                  No > such file or directory
                  > Makefile:1227:
                  lib/linuxle/ethMii- component-dependencies.d: > No such file or
                  directory
                  > Makefile:1227: >
                  lib/linuxle/featureCtrl-component-dependencies.d: No such > file or
                  directory
                  > Makefile:1227: > lib/linuxle/osServices-
                  component-dependencies.d: No such file > or directory

                  Makefile:1227: lib/linuxle/oslinux-component-dependencies.d: > No
                  such file or directory
                  > > Plus it stopped after trying to
                  compile ixp400.c which the > contents says this file mustn't be
                  compiled!
                  > > Any idea's why this is happening?
                  >
                  > What I did to try to compile debianslug was

                  download IPL_ixp400AccessLibrary-2_1.zip and > IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-
                  2_1.zip md5sum them.
                  > > mkdir -p ~/slug
                  > cd
                  ~/slug
                  > wget --cache=off http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile
                  > make
                  setup-host-debian
                  > make update
                  > make debianslug-image
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links >

                  SPONSORED
                  LINKS Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking Linksys nslu2
                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  Visit your group " nslu2-linux" on the web.
                  to:

                  Service.