Little debian problem.

  • linux_slug
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2006

      Fetched 54.3kB in 1s (41.8kB/s)
      Reading package lists... Done
      W: GPG error: http://ftp.no.debian.org etch Release: Unknown error
      executing gpgv
      W: GPG error: http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release: Unknown
      error executing gpgv
      slug:~#
      "

      Anybody have any idea what this problem is???

      -jonny
    • Carsten Truckenbrodt
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27, 2006
        Hi Jonny,

        try "apt-get install ntpdate" and adjust the time of the slug. I quite sure it is currently running in the 1970s. (At least I had the same problems).

        ct

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 27, 2006
          On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 08:00:52PM +0200, Carsten Truckenbrodt wrote:
          > Hi Jonny,
          >
          > try "apt-get install ntpdate" and adjust the time of the slug. I quite sure
          > it is currently running in the 1970s. (At least I had the same problems).

          If you want to set the hardware clock, you may have to 'ln -s /dev/rtc0
          /dev/rtc' as root to get hwclock to work.

          There probably should be a udev rule for that...

          hth
          --
          /__
          \_|\/
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2006
            There is - it's in the nslu2-utils Debian package which the wiki
            advises you to install.

            -- Rod

            On 4/27/06, nyk <nyk@...> wrote:
            > On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 08:00:52PM +0200, Carsten Truckenbrodt wrote:
            > > Hi Jonny,
            > >
            > > try "apt-get install ntpdate" and adjust the time of the slug. I quite
            > sure
            > > it is currently running in the 1970s. (At least I had the same problems).
            >
            > If you want to set the hardware clock, you may have to 'ln -s /dev/rtc0
            > /dev/rtc' as root to get hwclock to work.
            >
            > There probably should be a udev rule for that...
            >
            > hth
            > --
            > /__
            > \_|\/
            > /\

            > Communication and networking
            > Wireless communication and networking
            > Linksys nslu2

            > ________________________________

          • nyk
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1 5:53 AM
              On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 02:06:12PM -0700, Rod Whitby wrote:
              > There is - it's in the nslu2-utils Debian package which the wiki
              > advises you to install.

              Ah. I thought I'd installed it, but hadn't.
              Thanks for the tip!

              Nyk

              --
              /__