THTTPD Virtual Hosting Issue

  • Mauro Vianna
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2006
      Hi, people
      I just configured my NSLU2 to work with Virtual Hosting as explained at

      I'm using Unslung 5.5.

      I noticed a strange behavior on the administration pages. After changing to virtual hosting, The links realted to share access are not working fine. The behaviour is the following:
      1) The link to DISK 2 (public disk share) in the main page results in a a page with the message "The requested URL was not found on this server. "
      2) The link "User Log in" doesn't ask for login/password and open the shares page but with no share listed

      At first I thought it was a general problem with access restrictions but the link Adminstration works fine. It still asks for user/password.

      Did anybody face that problem? Is there a solution?

      Obs:
      I had to change a few settings from the original instructions:
      1) chmod 777 www.domain.com instead of chmod 775 www.domain.com
          That was the only way I found to allo me to drag and drop website flies to the folder mapped in a Windows XP box

      2) ln -s /share/hdd/data/vhosts/www.domain.com /home/httpd/www.domain.com instead of
      ln -s www.domain.com /home/httpd/www.domain.com
          The original line didn't appear to work.

      Best regards,
      Mauro Vianna
    • pablo.west
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2006
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mauro Vianna" <mauro_vianna@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi, people
        > I just configured my NSLU2 to work with Virtual Hosting as explained at
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/VirtualHostingWithTHTTPD
        >
        > I'm using Unslung 5.5.
        >
        > I noticed a strange behavior on the administration pages. After
        changing to virtual hosting, The links realted to share access are not
        working fine. The behaviour is the following:
        > 1) The link to DISK 2 (public disk share) in the main page results
        in a a page with the message "The requested URL was not found on this
        server. "
        > 2) The link "User Log in" doesn't ask for login/password and open
        the shares page but with no share listed

        > At first I thought it was a general problem with access restrictions
        but the link Adminstration works fine. It still asks for user/password.

        > Did anybody face that problem? Is there a solution?

        YES! I'm using unslung6.8-beta and have exactly the same problems

        > Obs:
        > I had to change a few settings from the original instructions:
        > 1) chmod 777 www.domain.com instead of chmod 775 www.domain.com
        > That was the only way I found to allo me to drag and drop
        website flies to the folder mapped in a Windows XP box

        > 2) ln -s /share/hdd/data/vhosts/www.domain.com
        /home/httpd/www.domain.com instead of
        > ln -s www.domain.com /home/httpd/www.domain.com
        > The original line didn't appear to work.

        That's odd, beause the manual of thttpd says it's a nono to use links
        starting with /.