LIRC

  • pilletv
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2006
      Hi all,

      I'am trying to install LIRC (on my SLUG (OpenSlug 2.7) and get some
      troubles.

      I cross compiled the lirc-modules_0.8.0-r3_nslu2.ipk on my Gentoo PC
      and install the package on the SLUG.

      But when registering the driver I get :
      root@SLUG:/media/ram/var/tmp# modprobe lirc_serial
      WARNING: Error inserting lirc_dev
      (/lib/modules/2.6.12.2/lirc/lirc_dev.ko): Operation not permitted
      FATAL: Error inserting lirc_serial
      (/lib/modules/2.6.12.2/lirc/lirc_serial.ko): Unknown symbol in module,
      or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

      and

      root@SLUG:/media/ram/var/tmp# dmesg
      [...]
      lirc_dev: register_chrdev failed
      lirc_serial: Unknown symbol lirc_unregister_plugin
      lirc_serial: Unknown symbol lirc_register_plugin

      I've check and the register_chrdev failed returning -EBUSY (The major
      number is busy).

      In /proc/devices I have :
      Character devices:
      1 mem
      2 pty
      3 ttyp
      4 ttyS
      5 /dev/tty
      5 /dev/console
      5 /dev/ptmx
      10 misc
      14 sound
      60 n2_rbm
      61 n2_pbm
      62 n2_bzm
      89 i2c
      90 mtd
      116 alsa
      126 n2_ledm
      128 ptm
      136 pts
      180 usb

      Is it due to the "n2_pbm" driver (pbutton I guess) ?

      What do I need to do to register correctly the LIRC driver ?

      Thanks for help,
      Vincent.