Help needed: how to build Openslug with kernel raid1 support

  • Markus Ingendahl
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2006
      Hi all,

      I know how to build OpenSlug from the tarball. I know how to remove a
      package (e.g. lrzsz) from the build.

      Nevertheless I'm a newbie to all that stuff. I read a lot about
      customizing the build but I have to admit, I don't really understand
      everything... currently it feels as I don't understand most... :-(

      What do I have to do, if I want

      a) raid1 support built into the openslug kernel (md, raid1)?
      b) mdadm included into the image?

      Any help is highly appreciated! Where can I read about it? Any hints?
      Which steps do I have to do first? Download the source? Create new
      bitbake files?

      I'm trying it since three weeks and I'm totally frustrated.

      Help! :-)

      Thanks in advance
      Markus
    • Patrick Schneider
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2006
        Hello,

        it's pretty simple(set up a cross compile environment (either for latest
        head (MasterMakefile) or openslug-2.7 (using the openslug-2.7
        source.tar.gz)), then edit ~/slug/openembedded/conf/distro/openslug.conf
        (after you made a backup of the file)
        Add a line like this:
        OPENSLUG_RAID_STUFF = "mdadm kernel-module-raid1 kernel-module-md" +
        all the extra stuff you need in the image
        and another line:
        OPENSLUG_STANDARD_RDEPENDS += "${OPENSLUG_RAID_STUFF}"

        and then run
        make openslug-image

        That should do the job.

        Regards,
        Patrick
        PS: If you want to compile an image for the latest head, you might run
        into other problems, so i suggest you better use the openslug 2.7 source
        tar.gz