Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Unslung 6 - where to get it

  • Pierre LASSALLE
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 5, 2006

      Hi group,

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Pierre LASSALLE <lassalle@...> wrote:

      > Please note that this file is obtained with a member of this list.

      That would be me then. I shared the flash image with Pierre without
      knowing that he intended to share it further and I have to admit that
      I did not point him to the licence agreement, which of course was
      stupid of me. I'm sorry for any inconvenience or potential issue here.

      Anyway, just to let you know where Pierre got his file. I built it on
      a a newly installed Gentoo 2006.0 for AMD64 using 'make unslung'. I
      did not use 'make setup-host-gentoo' but made sure boost and monotone
      were installed, as well as the other requirements listed.

      /Johan

      Right and i'm grateful for your service.

      Actually, i use my nslu2 with your binary file.

      So i hope you  don't worry for this sharing of binary file.

      I'm learning much to compile myself.

      I put kumbutu on two Mac mini and i intend to study how to compile
      to obtain the file binary.

      This evening i install a linux distribution on a portable PC of a friend.

      Once, i'm a little more friendly with linux,
      i hope i can understand the steps described here :

      and i can do something with 6.8 sources...

      floowing the explanations :

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/BuildingUnslungAlphaVersion
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Development/MasterMakefile

      I don't know if it's possible to make binary with kubuntu on Macintosh
      and where to find right Intel files because it seems they are new names...

      So my present step is to collect every file i need to build binary
      Second step is to verify if i have good tools on kubuntu distribution.
      Third step is to make binary file...

      All suggestions are welcome.

      Pierre