Re: [nslu2-linux] apache/php ipkg with prefork module instead of the worker module

  • CN
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:25:15 -0700, CN wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Has anybody already made an apache/php pkg for the unSlung5.5 which uses the
      > prefork module instead of the worker MPM module? If not, can anybody here do
      > that for me? I would really appreciate that very much.
      >
      > Cordially, Chacko

      Followup/clarification on my own request. The apache/php pkg that I can locate is
      compiled with the worker MPM module -- which hangs apache when any system()
      calls are made from php embedded scripts. Reading the various posts, I came to the
      conclusion that this problem does not happen with the prefork module.

      The kind person who built the released pkg may be able to make another version of
      the pkg with the prefork module easily, I hope. Since the prefork version may use
      more resources, may I suggest, both version be out there as pkgs, and people can
      select which one they want. Thank you for your help!!

      Cordially, Chacko