Re: [nslu2-linux] ipkg install from unstable - what am I doing wrong?

  • Øyvind Repvik
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
      Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
      > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:43 +0200, Øyvind Repvik wrote:
      >
      >> Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
      >> ./zd1211....ipk ?
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >> Øyvind
      >
      > Thanks for the quick response - I already tried that, same result, it
      > starts installing the r52 then goes off and gets the latest one...

      Odd. Ok, I'll take a look at this tomorrow if I get around to it. Might
      help sending me a mail so I don't forget ;-)

      Regards
      Øyvind Repvik
      OpenSlug package manager
    • Nic Bedford
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2006
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@...> wrote:

        > Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
        > > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:43 +0200, Øyvind Repvik wrote:
        > >
        > >> Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
        > >> ./zd1211....ipk ?
        > >>
        > >> Regards,
        > >> Øyvind
        > >
        > > Thanks for the quick response - I already tried that, same result, it
        > > starts installing the r52 then goes off and gets the latest one...
        >
        > Odd. Ok, I'll take a look at this tomorrow if I get around to it. Might
        > help sending me a mail so I don't forget ;-)
        >
        > Regards
        > Øyvind Repvik
        > OpenSlug package manager

        I was wondering if you had looked at this yet?

        I am having the same problem, and i have also just bitbacked r59-r2
        and tried installing that, but ipkg still goes and gets r59-r0 even
        thought it's older :(

        root@slug:~# ls
        wireless-tools_28-pre13-r0_armeb.ipk zd1211_r59-r2_ixp4xxbe.ipk
        zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xxbe.ipk
        root@slug:~# ipkg install ./zd1211_r59-r2_ixp4xxbe.ipk
        Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=zd1211 (arch_priority=0
        flag=16 want=2)
        Installing zd1211 (r59-r0) to root...
        Downloading
        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/cross/2.7-beta/zd1211_r59-r0_nslu2.ipk