Re: [nslu2-linux] ipkg install from unstable - what am I doing wrong?

  • Øyvind Repvik
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
      Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
      > I'm trying to install a version of the zd1211 driver from the unstable
      > feed, but it keeps installing the standard one from the 2.7 release
      > feed. It downloads the r54 driver, then goes and downloads and installs
      > the r59. Anyone tell me what's going on?
      Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
      ./zd1211....ipk ?

      Regards,
      Øyvind
    • Peter Campion-Bye
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
        On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:43 +0200, Øyvind Repvik wrote:

        > Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
        > ./zd1211....ipk ?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Øyvind

        Thanks for the quick response - I already tried that, same result, it
        starts installing the r52 then goes off and gets the latest one...

        root@snake:/tmp# ipkg remove zd1211
        Removing package zd1211 from root...

        root@snake:/tmp# wget
        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/unstable/zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xxbe.ipk
        Connecting to ipkg.nslu2-linux.org[140.211.166.82]:80
        zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xx 100% |
        ************************************************************************************************************************| 119 KB 00:00 ETA

        root@snake:/tmp# ipkg install ./zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xxbe.ipk
        Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=zd1211 (arch_priority=0
        flag=16 want=2)
        Installing zd1211 (r59-r0) to root...
        Downloading
        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/cross/2.7-beta/zd1211_r59-r0_nslu2.ipk
        Configuring zd1211
      • Øyvind Repvik
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
          Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
          > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:43 +0200, Øyvind Repvik wrote:
          >
          >> Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
          >> ./zd1211....ipk ?
          >>
          >> Regards,
          >> Øyvind
          >
          > Thanks for the quick response - I already tried that, same result, it
          > starts installing the r52 then goes off and gets the latest one...

          Odd. Ok, I'll take a look at this tomorrow if I get around to it. Might
          help sending me a mail so I don't forget ;-)

          Regards
          Øyvind Repvik
          OpenSlug package manager
        • Nic Bedford
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2006
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@...> wrote:

            > Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
            > > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:43 +0200, Øyvind Repvik wrote:
            > >
            > >> Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
            > >> ./zd1211....ipk ?
            > >>
            > >> Regards,
            > >> Øyvind
            > >
            > > Thanks for the quick response - I already tried that, same result, it
            > > starts installing the r52 then goes off and gets the latest one...
            >
            > Odd. Ok, I'll take a look at this tomorrow if I get around to it. Might
            > help sending me a mail so I don't forget ;-)
            >
            > Regards
            > Øyvind Repvik
            > OpenSlug package manager

            I was wondering if you had looked at this yet?

            I am having the same problem, and i have also just bitbacked r59-r2
            and tried installing that, but ipkg still goes and gets r59-r0 even
            thought it's older :(

            root@slug:~# ls
            wireless-tools_28-pre13-r0_armeb.ipk zd1211_r59-r2_ixp4xxbe.ipk
            zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xxbe.ipk
            root@slug:~# ipkg install ./zd1211_r59-r2_ixp4xxbe.ipk
            Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=zd1211 (arch_priority=0
            flag=16 want=2)
            Installing zd1211 (r59-r0) to root...
            Downloading
            http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/cross/2.7-beta/zd1211_r59-r0_nslu2.ipk