ipkg install from unstable - what am I doing wrong?

  • Peter Campion-Bye
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
      I'm trying to install a version of the zd1211 driver from the unstable
      feed, but it keeps installing the standard one from the 2.7 release
      feed. It downloads the r54 driver, then goes and downloads and installs
      the r59. Anyone tell me what's going on?

      root@slug:~# ipkg remove zd1211
      Removing package zd1211 from root...
      root@slug:~# ipkg install
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/unstable/zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xxbe.ipk
      Downloading
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/unstable/zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xxbe.ipk
      Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=zd1211 (arch_priority=0
      flag=16 want=2)
      Installing zd1211 (r59-r0) to root...
      Downloading
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/cross/2.7-beta/zd1211_r59-r0_nslu2.ipk
      Configuring zd1211

      Thanks
    • Øyvind Repvik
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
        Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
        > I'm trying to install a version of the zd1211 driver from the unstable
        > feed, but it keeps installing the standard one from the 2.7 release
        > feed. It downloads the r54 driver, then goes and downloads and installs
        > the r59. Anyone tell me what's going on?
        Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
        ./zd1211....ipk ?

        Regards,
        Øyvind
      • Peter Campion-Bye
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
          On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:43 +0200, Øyvind Repvik wrote:

          > Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
          > ./zd1211....ipk ?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Øyvind

          Thanks for the quick response - I already tried that, same result, it
          starts installing the r52 then goes off and gets the latest one...

          root@snake:/tmp# ipkg remove zd1211
          Removing package zd1211 from root...

          root@snake:/tmp# wget
          http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/unstable/zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xxbe.ipk
          Connecting to ipkg.nslu2-linux.org[140.211.166.82]:80
          zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xx 100% |
          ************************************************************************************************************************| 119 KB 00:00 ETA

          root@snake:/tmp# ipkg install ./zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xxbe.ipk
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
            Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
            > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:43 +0200, Øyvind Repvik wrote:
            >
            >> Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
            >> ./zd1211....ipk ?
            >>
            >> Regards,
            >> Øyvind
            >
            > Thanks for the quick response - I already tried that, same result, it
            > starts installing the r52 then goes off and gets the latest one...

            Odd. Ok, I'll take a look at this tomorrow if I get around to it. Might
            help sending me a mail so I don't forget ;-)

            Regards
            Øyvind Repvik
            OpenSlug package manager
          • Nic Bedford
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9, 2006
              --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@...> wrote:

              > Peter Campion-Bye wrote:
              > > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:43 +0200, Øyvind Repvik wrote:
              > >
              > >> Have you tried wget'ing the correct ipk, then doing ipkg install
              > >> ./zd1211....ipk ?
              > >>
              > >> Regards,
              > >> Øyvind
              > >
              > > Thanks for the quick response - I already tried that, same result, it
              > > starts installing the r52 then goes off and gets the latest one...
              >
              > Odd. Ok, I'll take a look at this tomorrow if I get around to it. Might
              > help sending me a mail so I don't forget ;-)
              >
              > Regards
              > Øyvind Repvik
              > OpenSlug package manager

              I was wondering if you had looked at this yet?

              I am having the same problem, and i have also just bitbacked r59-r2
              and tried installing that, but ipkg still goes and gets r59-r0 even
              thought it's older :(

              root@slug:~# ls
              wireless-tools_28-pre13-r0_armeb.ipk zd1211_r59-r2_ixp4xxbe.ipk
              zd1211_r52-r4_ixp4xxbe.ipk
              root@slug:~# ipkg install ./zd1211_r59-r2_ixp4xxbe.ipk
              Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=zd1211 (arch_priority=0
              flag=16 want=2)
              Installing zd1211 (r59-r0) to root...
              Downloading
              http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/cross/2.7-beta/zd1211_r59-r0_nslu2.ipk