Gallery2 on uNSLUng-6.7 , what's your configuration ? no success

  • Jean-Francois Gosselin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
      Ok I've been trying to install Gallery 2.1 for the past week with no
      success ...

      Actually I was able to isntall it but ...

      - php-apache is crashing all the time ...
      - I was unable to setup php on lighttpd or Cherokee
      - The the only configuration that seems to work is with php-httpd
      but once everything is installed I'm redirected to port 80 (the
      server is running on port 8008) ... when I access the gallery
      http://10.10.10.77:8008/gallery2 I'm redirected to
      http://10.10.10.77/gallery2 !!

      So tell me what config works for you ?

      - Gallery version ?
      - PHP version ?
      - web server brand and version ?

      And what's your config ?

      Thanks
    • mingchu
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
        Hi Jean,

        I haven't actually get gallery2 working on Unslung 5, but I've gone
        further than what you have described.

        First of all, what are you trying to run gallery2 on? Unslung 5.x
        beta? Openslug? Apache or thttpd? php4? mysql?

        When I was experiencing the redirection problem, I was using thttpd
        because apache is having some worker module problem (don't know
        exactly what that is), unslung 5.

        Seems like this is a problem with thttpd, so there is no way around it
        (not that I know of). To really get the problem fix, some nice guys
        would have to recompile apache. See this thread:

        Now I have switch to use Openslug, I can run gallery2 now (still
        having some problem with imagemagick, but I think if I just install
        the proper module, than it would be ok). Another problem is that it's
        not really usable now on the slow slug with 32MB of memory. So I'm
        still trying to get the fatslug working.

        This may not be the route you want to take. Good luck.

        -Ming

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Jean-Francois Gosselin"
        <jfgosselin@...> wrote:

        > Ok I've been trying to install Gallery 2.1 for the past week with no
        > success ...
        >
        > Actually I was able to isntall it but ...
        >
        > - php-apache is crashing all the time ...
        > - I was unable to setup php on lighttpd or Cherokee
        > - The the only configuration that seems to work is with php-httpd
        > but once everything is installed I'm redirected to port 80 (the
        > server is running on port 8008) ... when I access the gallery
        > http://10.10.10.77:8008/gallery2 I'm redirected to
        > http://10.10.10.77/gallery2 !!
        >
        > So tell me what config works for you ?
        >
        > - Gallery version ?
        > - PHP version ?
        > - web server brand and version ?
        >
        > And what's your config ?
        >
        > Thanks

      • Jean-Francois Gosselin
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
          Ok, I'm getting there :

          - Firmware Version: V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta
          - Gallery2
          - php-thttpd - 2.25b-5.0.4-1 (running on port 80 now)

          Everything works now except Imagemagick , version 6.1.7 doesn't work
          as described in the wiki but 6.1.3 doesn't work either ... It fails
          when I run Test Settings , the path ( /opt/bin ) and the permission
          are set correctly !