Re: [nslu2-linux] need guidance building Openslug

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
      This is a known real problem which even has the development core team stumped. If anyone works out how to fix this one we will be very grateful. It must be environment-triggered, as it does't happen to everyone (some people can build it fine every time).

      -- Rod
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
        I'm running CoLinux with Debian/Etch. Unslung seems to build fine,
        but not Openslug or Debianslug. Cool! A problem to solve! I'll
        play around with this one (although with my 600 Mhz build machine,
        and 6+ hour build times, it may take me a while!)! :-)

        Thanks for the info!

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Rod Whitby" <list.nslu2-
        linux@...> wrote:

        > This is a known real problem which even has the development core
        team stumped. If anyone works out how to fix this one we will be
        very grateful. It must be environment-triggered, as it does't
        happen to everyone (some people can build it fine every time).

        > -- Rod

        Service.

      • h8dc
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2006
          Still digging for clues. Don't want to beat a dead horse, but this
          has me confounded.

          As far as it being environment-triggered, and as I am running
          CoLinux with Debian/Etch on a Windoze XP box, would a proper path
          for a solution be to try dumping CoLinux and turning my machine into
          a Linux box with Debian Sarge/Woody/whatever, or try building it on
          totally different machine (my build machine is quite old - I have
          others)?

          TIA

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 8, 2006
            Can't say I resolved the problem, but I fixed it here, in that
            OpenSlug finally built! Under CoLinux, I originally installed
            Debian Etch/testing using the image debian-testing-i386-
            netinst.iso. I couldn't get a successful OpenSlug build with that,
            but Unslung built okay. It was after I upgraded the distro,
            using "apt-get update" then "apt-get dist-upgrade", that I was
            finally able to get a successful OpenSlug build.

            Don't know if this helps anyone else, but maybe someone on the
            Development Core Team can see something in my trials and errors.
            :-)

            Now off to try building DebianSlug......