VS: problem updating Openssh

  • Stian Broberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
      1. ipkg update
      2. ipkg upgrade
      3. starts upgrading openssh from 3.8p1-4 to 4.2p1-2.
      4. asks me if i want to keep old config files(ssh_config and  sshd_config) and i choose Yes, also tried no.
      5. Says upgrading, closing my connection.
      6. Trying to reconnect, but doesnt let me in. Tried port 22 and the one i made.
      7. Now i have to unpower the nslu2 and start it again.
      8. When i now reconnect it's the old openssh running.

      Anyone that can help me here
    • Patrick Schneider
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006

        you should login via telnet and then update ssh.

        Regards,
        Patrick

        Stian Broberg schrieb:
        > 1. ipkg update
        > 2. ipkg upgrade
        > 3. starts upgrading openssh from 3.8p1-4 to 4.2p1-2.
        > 4. asks me if i want to keep old config files(ssh_config and
        > sshd_config) and i choose Yes, also tried no.
        > 5. Says upgrading, closing my connection.
        > 6. Trying to reconnect, but doesnt let me in. Tried port 22 and the one
        > i made.
        > 7. Now i have to unpower the nslu2 and start it again.
        > 8. When i now reconnect it's the old openssh running.
        >
        > Anyone that can help me here

      • brobergstian
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Schneider
          <patrick.schneider1980@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > you should login via telnet and then update ssh.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Patrick
          >
          > Stian Broberg schrieb:
          > > 1. ipkg update
          > > 2. ipkg upgrade
          > > 3. starts upgrading openssh from 3.8p1-4 to 4.2p1-2.
          > > 4. asks me if i want to keep old config files(ssh_config and
          > > sshd_config) and i choose Yes, also tried no.
          > > 5. Says upgrading, closing my connection.
          > > 6. Trying to reconnect, but doesnt let me in. Tried port 22 and
          the one
          > > i made.
          > > 7. Now i have to unpower the nslu2 and start it again.
          > > 8. When i now reconnect it's the old openssh running.
          > >
          > > Anyone that can help me here

          > Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:
          http://messenger.yahoo.de

          Thanks

          Worked like a charm=)