Re: [nslu2-linux] unSlung 5.5 gcc howto

  • bill suit
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31 6:49 PM
      I don't know the answer to that one. This link will
      show you a list of what's included though.

      http://ipkgfind.nslu2-linux.org/details.php?package=unslung-devel&official=&format=

      HTH,
      Bill

      --- CN <t4chacko@...> wrote:

      > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 04:29:52 -0800 (PST), bill suit
      > wrote:
      >
      > > I believe the following will get you a gcc (along
      > with
      > > some other apps):
      > >
      > > ipkg install unslung-devel
      > >
      > > HTH,
      > > Bill
      >
      > Thank you, Bill. I would not have guessed that
      > name!! I have some extra space,
      > so this might be the fastest way for me to get
      > there... Is there a ipkg command
      > with which I can find the approx size of all the
      > modules going to be installed?
      >
      > Before seeing this msg, I had already rewritten my
      > tiny utilitly in php :) But gcc is
      > nice to have around.
      >
      > Cordially, Chacko
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • CN
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 31 11:27 PM
        On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:49:52 -0800 (PST), bill suit wrote:

        > I don't know the answer to that one. This link will
        > show you a list of what's included though.
        >
        > http://ipkgfind.nslu2-linux.org/details.php?package=unslung-devel&official=&format=
        >
        > HTH,
        > Bill

        I read in one of the msgs here, that the devel pkg better be installed right after unslinging, because there might be conflicts with other utils!! Now I am reluctant to try this, because I have installed a lot of other pkgs already and have been customizing the unSlung for some server application. Too much effort has been installed to take a risk :(

        Cordially, Chacko
      • Adam Baker
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
          CN <t4chacko@...> writes:

          > Is there a cross compile package for Cygwin. I have cygwin already setup
          > under winxp. I do not have a native linux system, I can easy modify
          >
          > Cordially, Chacko

          I haven't seen any reports of success building the unslung build system under
          cygwin but then I haven't seen any reports of failure either. I use the same
          cross compiler build system (targetting a power pc, not the slug) succesfully at
          work under XP although it does seem a bit slower than running on Linux so it
          would be worth a try.