Wiki Suggestions

  • Adam Baker
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
      The Optware packages project page on the wiki at
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/Packages seems to be very focused still
      on unslung despite the number of platforms now supported by OptWare. Is this
      intentional, if not I'll try to update it?

      I also can't find anywhere on the wiki that describes the platforms that Optware
      now runs on. I'm prepared to make a start on putting together a page for that
      but if I do it will end up containing a reasonable description of the platforms
      I know something about (NSLU2, WAG354G, WL500G) and minimal info for the others.
      Is there anyone who would fill in the missing details?
    • Øyvind Repvik
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
        Adam Baker wrote:
        > The Optware packages project page on the wiki at
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/Packages seems to be very focused still
        > on unslung despite the number of platforms now supported by OptWare. Is this
        > intentional, if not I'll try to update it?
        >
        > I also can't find anywhere on the wiki that describes the platforms that Optware
        > now runs on. I'm prepared to make a start on putting together a page for that
        > but if I do it will end up containing a reasonable description of the platforms
        > I know something about (NSLU2, WAG354G, WL500G) and minimal info for the others.
        > Is there anyone who would fill in the missing details?
        Not quite sure what details you would like to know, but info on the
        Synology DS101/DS101g+ (and the soon-to-be-included DS101j) is on the
        wiki (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/DS101/HomePage). Anything missing I
        guess I'd be the one to ask to fill in ;)

        Regards,
        Øyvind Repvik
        ds101-linux lead developer
      • Adam Baker
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2006
          Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@...> writes:

          > Adam Baker wrote:

          > > Is there anyone who would fill in the missing details?
          > Not quite sure what details you would like to know, but info on the
          > Synology DS101/DS101g+ (and the soon-to-be-included DS101j) is on the
          > wiki (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/DS101/HomePage). Anything missing I
          > guess I'd be the one to ask to fill in ;)

          It's probably easier for me to just write the page than try to describe what I
          mean. http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/OptwarePlatforms

          The only thing I was missing for the DS101(g) was the kernel and libc version. I
          could probably track down some of the missing info but its getting late.
        • Øyvind Repvik
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2006
            Adam Baker wrote:
            > Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@...> writes:
            >
            >> Adam Baker wrote:
            >
            >>> Is there anyone who would fill in the missing details?
            >> Not quite sure what details you would like to know, but info on the
            >> Synology DS101/DS101g+ (and the soon-to-be-included DS101j) is on the
            >> wiki (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/DS101/HomePage). Anything missing I
            >> guess I'd be the one to ask to fill in ;)
            >>

            > It's probably easier for me to just write the page than try to describe what I
            > mean. http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/OptwarePlatforms

            Aren't MIPS LE and ARM BE usually "mipsel" and "armeb"? :-)
          • Adam Baker
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 29, 2006
              Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@...> writes:

              > > It's probably easier for me to just write the page than try to describe what
              > > I mean. http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/OptwarePlatforms
              >
              > Aren't MIPS LE and ARM BE usually "mipsel" and "armeb"?

              Good point - as I said, it was late.

              Does anyone else have any comments to make on whether this sort of info is
              useful and is anyone who knows about the Maxtor Shared Storage or NAS100d
              prepared to fill in the details.
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
                The info about other Optware targets is very useful - thanks for spearheading this effort.

                -- Rod
                > > It's probably easier for me to just write the page than try to describe what

                > > I mean. http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/OptwarePlatforms >
                > Aren't MIPS LE and ARM BE usually 'mipsel' and 'armeb"?

                Good point - as I said, it was late.

                Does anyone else have any comments to make on whether this sort of info is useful and is anyone who knows about the Maxtor Shared Storage or NAS100d prepared to fill in the details.

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                Visit your group " nslu2-linux" on the web.