Third and fourth recipients of your donations

  • NSLU2 Linux
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2004
      I'm proud to announce that the third and fourth recipients of a
      serial-enhanced NSLU2 are Tommy B. (aka trb & [g2]) and Ned Ludd (aka
      solar).

      Those who frequent the IRC channel (or read the logs) or who have been
      reading the mailing list from the very beginning will know Tommy well.
      He will be receiving a serial unit swap-out (where we send him a
      serial-enhanced unit, and he sends his old unit back to be reused for
      a later recipient - the same deal that we did for Jim Buzbee). Tommy
      intends to use this for further development work on a custom Linux
      kernel for the NSLU2.

      Ned will be receiving a new serial-enhanced NSLU2 (he currently
      doesn't have one at all). He will initially use the NSLU2 to make the
      primary port of Gentoo on it with the aim of doing standard gentoo
      style stages[1-3]. After he is satisfied with the initial work/port he
      will probably then ship the unit off to Oregon State University for
      co-location in the OSULABS where it could made available to a larger
      number of Gentoo developers. The serial console would be used
      afterwords to be directly connected to another developer box (probably
      an arm netwinder) so that he can always get to the RedBoot prompt :-)

      Congratulations Tommy & Ned!

      I expect that after these four recipients have been sent their units,
      we will have spent about half (or maybe a bit less, depending on
      shipping costs) of the donated funds. We are still interested in your
      referrals of well-known linux developers who are willing to
      participate in this community by porting their distribution to the
      NSLU2.

      www.nslu2-linux.org