  • tre089
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
      What triggers loading of a module?

      I my case I have installed kernel-module-md (I am setting up software
      RAID), rebooted... and the module is not up.

      I can successfully "modprobe md" manually. My module loads then (till
      the next reboot) and my raid works fine, but I got this nagging
      feeling that there is a more elegant built-in mechanism...

      Any pointers welcome!

      Thx!

      ~Andrey
    • CN
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
        Is there a temperature sensor for the cpu in the slug? If yes, is there a way to
        read this information? I looked at the /proc/cpuinfo, which does not show any
        temperature...

        Cordially, Chacko
      • Maxim Naumov
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2006
          CN wrote:

          > Is there a temperature sensor for the cpu in the slug? If yes, is there a way to
          > read this information? I looked at the /proc/cpuinfo, which does not show any
          > temperature...

          I don't think there is. you can glue a temperature sensor chip onto processor and connect it to the i2c bus. not that much soldering to do.

          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/PinoutOfI2CPort

          /max
        • Matt_Durkin
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1 1:38 AM
            Hi Andrey,
            did you ever get any further with this? I'm trying to boot from a raid
            array and am stuck with the kernel not having the modules
            pre-compiled. I don't know where I can store the kernel modules in
            order to load them at boot (e.g. in initrd/linuxrc).
            If you did get any further, could you let me know how?
            Thanks
            Matt

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "tre089" <tre089@...> wrote:

            > What triggers loading of a module?
            >
            > I my case I have installed kernel-module-md (I am setting up software
            > RAID), rebooted... and the module is not up.
            >
            > I can successfully "modprobe md" manually. My module loads then (till
            > the next reboot) and my raid works fine, but I got this nagging
            > feeling that there is a more elegant built-in mechanism...
            >
            > Any pointers welcome!
            >
            > Thx!
            >
            > ~Andrey

          • dunkclimbs
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2 9:00 AM
              so i haven't played with this on the slug but try playing with the
              following files/directory:
              /etc/modules
              /etc/modprobe.conf
              /etc/modutils/