The NSLU2 seems to freeze

  • tahitibob35
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2006
      Hello
      I have a problem with my slug that I don't unterstand, and I don't
      know what to do.
      The slug seems to freeze.
      during 30 seconds to 1 minutes, the slug does not respond to
      connections (ssh, apache etc ...)
      And after, already is ok.
      During this freeze time, ping to the slug is OK.

      I use opendebianslug on unslug 5.5 beta unslyed.

      Do you this problem ?

      Thanks.

      David.
    • Laurent Gilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2006
        Hello,

        > The slug seems to freeze.
        > during 30 seconds to 1 minutes, the slug does not respond to
        > connections (ssh, apache etc ...)

        Is your USB-Drive spinning down ?

        cu
      • tahitibob35
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2006
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Laurent Gilson" <pumpkin@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > > The slug seems to freeze.
          > > during 30 seconds to 1 minutes, the slug does not respond to
          > > connections (ssh, apache etc ...)
          >
          > Is your USB-Drive spinning down ?
          >
          > cu

          I well check this.
          But the USB-Drive is spining down when nothing is written on the disk.
          The slug sleeps during a video conversion with ffmpeg , then during
          disk writing.

          Thanks.

          David