Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Unslung 6.6 alpha build problem "do_compile" of "gettext-native-0.14.1[-r3]"

  • Mike Westerhof
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
      Yes, the image is fine - it does not depend on the java.

      I seem to recall that I had problems with my Fedora Core 3 build machine in
      the same place (classpath). I didn't even have the java stuff installed on
      FC.3, so I couldn't figure out why on earth the build process was trying to
      use the java build tools (which were all sym links to /etc/alternatives, as
      I recall). I finally found a file in /usr/bin (on FC.3) that I deleted; the
      absence of the file prevents the build from actually attempting any java
      stuff. (of course, I'll be unable to develop/build any real java
      applications on my Linux system, so I'm hoping that will all get fixed when
      I upgrade to FC.5 this summer some time!).

      You can go ahead and flash the image.

      (Or, you can also cd to /home/slug, and do a "make update" and build
      again -- Unslung 6.7 is now checked into Monotone -- the updates should be
      fairly small and only take 10 - 20 minutes or so of build time.)

      Mike (mwester)

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
        On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:41:59AM -0600, Mike Westerhof wrote:

        > (Or, you can also cd to /home/slug, and do a "make update" and build
        > again -- Unslung 6.7 is now checked into Monotone -- the updates should be
        > fairly small and only take 10 - 20 minutes or so of build time.)

        Updating this way fails for me.

        In that case the kernel build fails:

        L> NOTE: Applying patch '2.4.22-xfs-nslu2.patch'
        L> ERROR: function do_patchcmd failed
        L> ERROR: see log in /export/Nslu2/master/unslung/tmp/work/unslung-kernel-2.4.22.l2.3r63-r10/temp/log.do_patchcmd.3690
        L> NOTE: Task failed: /export/Nslu2/master/unslung/tmp/work/unslung-kernel-2.4.22.l2.3r63-r10/temp/log.do_patchcmd.3690
        L> NOTE: package unslung-kernel-2.4.22.l2.3r63-r10: task do_patch: failed
        L> ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
        L> NOTE: package unslung-kernel-2.4.22.l2.3r63: failed
        L> ERROR: Build of unslung-image failed
        L> make[1]: *** [image] Error 1
        L> make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/Nslu2/master/unslung'
        L> make: *** [unslung] Error 2

        After removing "unslung-kernel-2.4.22.l2.3r63*" from the work and
        timestamp directory the build works.

        Marceln
      • Ian White
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
          Hi Mike,

          Thanks for the "confidence boost"

          I went ahead and flashed the image

          It all worked just fine

          My slug is now running V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.7-alpha
          and unslung

          Cheers
          Ian W.