RE: [nslu2-linux] FW: [nslu2-general] cp -l

  • Aaron Hoyt
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
      die amme or anyone,
      I am almost there. It's installed and I can make it function, but I have to
      call it out as...
      /opt/bin/cp -l
      Is there a method to link this to make it the default? If I just use the #
      cp -l it does not work, because it calls the built in cp.
      Is this just as simple as # rm /bin/cp and then # /opt/bin/cp -l /opt/bin/cp
      /bin ?
      Thanks for the help!
      Aaron

      Hi,
      I have also Unslung 5.5 and coreutils installed.
      For me cp -l works, see attached txt-file.

      Install it with:

      ipkg install coreutils

      make a reboot!

      Best regards
      die amme
      --- Aaron Hoyt <aaron.hoyt@...>
      schrieb:

      > >>coreutils contains the real GNU cp.
      > >
      > >Do I need to have OpenSlug to get this utility?
      > The Package details for
      > the
      > >Unslung version seems to be missing cp. Can I
      > install the OpenSlug version
      > >on my Unslung slug?
      >
      > I initially asked the above question on the General
      > list and did not get
      > further response. Can someone here help out?
      > I first checked out the Wiki and then asked how to
      > get the cp command to
      > respond to cp -l. The abbreviated answer above
      > pointed me in a direction.
      > Going through the Wiki again, I was able to find the
      > coreutils package, but
      > the details above indicate the next part of the
      > problem. I am just looking
      > for a functional cp -l on an Unslung slug (I have 2
      > now).
      > Please help,
      > Aaron
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Aaron Hoyt
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
        nope, that would be the trick.
        Thank you,
        Feel free to ignore my post moments ago about rm and cp