Re: [nslu2-linux] i2c bus drivers ???

  • Jon Pounder
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
      > Hi,
      >
      > i'd like to play around with the i2c bus of the nslu2. The question is:
      > - in order to write on this bus do I have the openslug-firmware? or it
      > is also possible to use the unslung-firmware?
      >
      > I saw some I2C perhiperals on the wiki
      > (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddATextDisplayOnI2CWithLCDproc)
      > but it seems that they can be programmed only if the NSLU2 runs the
      > openslug-firmware.

      check out the 1wire bus as well - its an option with a usb adapter from
      any machine - slug or not, without digging into the guts and soldering.

      support from maxim is pretty good as far as software/drivers, and there is
      other open source stuff out there as well like the owfs.

      I found it meets all my needs, just have not had time to do much more than
      wire up a thermometer chip to try it and then push it to the side of my
      desk and get back to work.

      my thinking was its better to develop my app on a desktop machine where
      the build/test cycle is a lot shorter, and then just do a final build in
      the slug and move the usb adapter to it when I am near the final set of
      code.

      > Thanks,
      > dustin
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Jon Pounder

      _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/_/_/_/

      Inline Internet Systems Inc.
      Thorold, Ontario, Canada

      Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
      www.inline.net
      www.ihtml.com
      www.ihtmlmerchant.com
      www.opayc.com