Asterisk + Flash usb stick

  • Juanjo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
      In order to diminish Asterisk log "writes" to unslinged flash usb
      sticks, what would you think if I make a symbolic link ln -s to the
      UNSL2 ram? Would this work?

      Cordially
      Juan
    • CORNELIU DOBAN
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
        Yes. Here is what I did for the asterisk database file (astdb):
         - in the asterisk startup script S99asterisk:
            -check if a saved copy of the file exist somewhere on the flash and if true make  a copy of it in the ramfs
            - if not already existing, make a soft link to the ramfs copy

        -in the asterisk stop script K99asterisk
            - copy the ramfs copy somewhere in the flash

        What I did for the asterisk database  can be applied to any file (log, cdr).

        Like this you will have the file saved in the flash when powering down the slug from the button or web interface but not in the case of a power failure.

        Regards,
        Corneliu

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1 9:06 AM
          Corneliu,

          I cannot find neither S99asterisk nor K99asterisk.
          Do you knoe where are they located?

          Cordially
          Juanjo

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, CORNELIU DOBAN
          <corneliu_doban@...> wrote:

          > Yes. Here is what I did for the asterisk database file (astdb):
          > - in the asterisk startup script S99asterisk:
          > -check if a saved copy of the file exist somewhere on the
          flash and if true make a copy of it in the ramfs
          > - if not already existing, make a soft link to the ramfs copy
          >
          > -in the asterisk stop script K99asterisk
          > - copy the ramfs copy somewhere in the flash
          >
          > What I did for the asterisk database can be applied to any file
          (log, cdr).

          > Like this you will have the file saved in the flash when powering
          down the slug from the button or web interface but not in the case
          of a power failure.

          > Regards,
          > Corneliu
          >

          > Juanjo <jjz@...> wrote: In order to diminish Asterisk
          log "writes" to unslinged flash usb
          > sticks, what would you think if I make a symbolic link ln -s to
          the
          > UNSL2 ram? Would this work?
          >
          > Cordially
          > Juan