Re: FW: [nslu2-general] cp -l

  • Adam Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006
      Aaron Hoyt <aaron.hoyt@...> writes:

      > >>coreutils contains the real GNU cp.
      > >
      > >Do I need to have OpenSlug to get this utility? The Package details for
      > the
      > >Unslung version seems to be missing cp. Can I install the OpenSlug version
      > >on my Unslung slug?

      Whilst installing unslung packages on openslug will generally work you are
      likely to be less successful the other way round. coreutils 5.2.1-8 for unslung
      here does include the cp command and it does have the -l option on it. You have
      made sure your path has got /opt/bin before /bin haven't you?
    • Aaron Hoyt
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
        die amme or anyone,
        I am almost there. It's installed and I can make it function, but I have to
        call it out as...
        /opt/bin/cp -l
        Is there a method to link this to make it the default? If I just use the #
        cp -l it does not work, because it calls the built in cp.
        Is this just as simple as # rm /bin/cp and then # /opt/bin/cp -l /opt/bin/cp
        /bin ?
        Thanks for the help!
        Aaron

        Hi,
        I have also Unslung 5.5 and coreutils installed.
        For me cp -l works, see attached txt-file.

        Install it with:

        ipkg install coreutils

        make a reboot!

        Best regards
        die amme
        --- Aaron Hoyt <aaron.hoyt@...>
        schrieb:

        > >>coreutils contains the real GNU cp.
        > >
        > >Do I need to have OpenSlug to get this utility?
        > The Package details for
        > the
        > >Unslung version seems to be missing cp. Can I
        > install the OpenSlug version
        > >on my Unslung slug?
        >
        > I initially asked the above question on the General
        > list and did not get
        > further response. Can someone here help out?
        > I first checked out the Wiki and then asked how to
        > get the cp command to
        > respond to cp -l. The abbreviated answer above
        > pointed me in a direction.
        > Going through the Wiki again, I was able to find the
        > coreutils package, but
        > the details above indicate the next part of the
        > problem. I am just looking
        > for a functional cp -l on an Unslung slug (I have 2
        > now).
        > Please help,
        > Aaron
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Aaron Hoyt
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
          nope, that would be the trick.
          Thank you,
          Feel free to ignore my post moments ago about rm and cp