ufsd NTFS problem with the disk after mounting it

  • gmanni66
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2006
      Hi all,

      I hope that someone can help me.
      I am running Unslug 5.x installed on a 10gb HD.
      Then I installed

      ipkg install ufsd
      insmod ufsd
      and added my NTFS drive mounting it
      mount -o user,rw,exec,umask=000 /dev/sdb1 /share/hdd/data/hd2/
      The partition on the drive was (is) 80gb of 160 gb. The rest is
      unpartitioned.
      I could see my folders and I could add extra folder and everything
      looked ok.
      I could share via SAMBA and I could vrite to it from my Mac or from my
      PC.
      Then I had to move the drive to copy extra stuff from a friend.
      Windows was unable to mount the drive. I checked the drive with PQmagic
      and it gives me that the first partition is NTFS(linux), that I never
      saw this file system.
      At this point I thought that I had problem with the drive but going
      back home I tried to mount the disk again on my SLUG and it works. The
      only difference is that there is few files on it with $ in front of
      each name.
      Still I can access the files I previously had before, but I can't
      connect successfully my drive to any other machine I have.

      the question is:
      Is this normal? if it is, what's the point of having a NTFS partition
      if you can only use it on the Slug?

      Please any help appreciated

      Thank you in advance

      Pino