Re: [nslu2-linux] Install NSLU2 inside a small case?

  • Laurent Gilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24 1:03 PM
      Hello

      > So, I thought I'd use a mini ATX case, with enough space for two
      > drives. Then grab a couple of USB to IDE adaptors.

      You don't need them, you already have 2 USB-HDs....

      > I have one right
      > now to test from. The only thing missing is to modify the power
      > adapter for the NSLU2 to run off the ATX power supply.

      http://xtronics.com/reference/atx_pinout.htm

      Connect the green to any of the black wires. The PSU will power up,
      providing everything from -12 to +12V. The NSLU2 needs 5V, so it gets
      connected to a red and a black cable. Black is 0V, red is 5V, don't
      reverse them.

      > I am NOT very experienced in electrical work. I've done some very
      > basic work like extending molex connectors.

      If you know that 220V is deadly, don't reverse - and + ... it should go
      smoothly.

      > I figure I'll need to get the power specs from Linksys' site and the
      > specs for the ATX power supply I'd be using.

      All ATX-PSU have enough power the slug. Even a old 100W one will run just
      fine.

      cu