Re: missing /share/hdd/conf

  • Johan Mellberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2006
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lyndon153" <lvanwagn@...> wrote:

      > Something has happened to my primary (disk1) disk.
      > It appears that /share/hdd/conf is missing, and for the matter
      > /dev/sda1 & /dev/sda2 were missing from my /etc/fstab.
      >
      > It appears that I can mount /share/hdd/data, but not /share/hdd/conf.
      > 'fdisk /dev/sda' says some pretty weird things.
      Like what? Please provide details or we are unlikely to be able to
      figure out what might be wrong. Did you unmount all the partitions on
      /dev/sda before running fdisk?

      > Any way of recovering from this?
      > I'd like not to lose the data in /share/{hdd,flash}/data . Some of it
      > is my mt-daapd songs, and my backups. If not, what are the esentials
      > I should backup ? (I'm planning on tar-ing them up, and transferring it
      > to another computer before rebuilding.)
      * If you keep all files in the default locations:
      /share/hdd/data/public/ and /share/flash/data/public/
      * If you use ssh and want to avoid setting it up from scratch:
      /root/.ssh/ and the ssh directories in /opt/etc/
      * any diversion scripts in /unslung

      More?

      > I 1st started noticing strangeness in January, when I had the bright
      > idea of installing webmin (bad idea).
      What did you do using webmin? I don't think just installing it would
      cause your disk to go bonkers...

      > BTW, the web I/F now says disk1 isn't formated. Maybe because
      > /share/hdd/conf is missing?
      Probably, yes. I recently removed all files in my /.../conf/ directory
      due to rearranging of my setup to make sure nothing "stuck" and all
      that happened was that all necessary files were recreated. Note that
      the partition itself must be untouched though, so in light of your
      previous mention of "weird things" in fdisk I'd guess there's
      something the matter with your disk's partition table or some
      important disk blocks somewhere. You might want to take a look at
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/RepairingDiskErrors for more help.

      Backup your stuff first though! And if possible, attach the disk to a
      desktop Linux box and run the checks there.

      /Johan