Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Re: Spindown scsi disk in OpenSlug

  • Frederic Wenzel
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 18, 2006
      Robert Demski schrieb:
      > btw
      > What was reason to remove kernel-path-scsi-idle from kernel in current
      > OE OpenSlug head?

      did it ever make it to a release? I am not quite sure.

      However, people keep asking me about this feature. It runs great on my
      box with patched kernel 2.6.15 #2...

      Fred
    • Dean Dodd
      Message 2 of 30 , Sep 4, 2006
        Has the patch been included with Openslug 3.10? If no one knows is
        there anyway to analyze the kernel to see if it is included or not?

        Thanks

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "demseypl" <Robert.Demski@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > I have build scsi-idle package for spindown scsi disk in Nslu2 with
        > OpenSlug. I upload tarbal with package sources
        > scsi-idle.OE.package.tar.bz2 avaliable in Custom Executables.
        > For run scsi-idle demon is required kernel compiled with patch
        > kernel-patch-scsi-idle (also avaliable in Custom Executable)
        > After building and instaling scsi-idle*.ipk you should configure
        > /etc/default/scsi-idle for set scasi devise and timeout.
        > It is project ported from debian to OpenEmbended. I have made only
        > kernel-patch-scsi-idle for 2.6 kernel.
        > btw I have tested on kernel 2.6.12 only
        >
        > Demsey

      • Frederic Wenzel
        Message 3 of 30 , Sep 4, 2006
          No, it has not. You have to build your own package for that. Sorry.

          However, I am just making a patch for the openembedded tree so that the next version of openslug can be delivered with this patch included. Stay tuned, I will be posting it on this list in a minute.

          Fred