Re: [nslu2-linux] openldap on openslug

  • Øyvind Repvik
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006
      bill peck wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I just got my slug up and running with openslug. Yay!! I'm very
      > excited. I have instlled the following ldap packages:
      >
      > root@openslug:/etc/rc3.d# ipkg list_installed | grep ldap
      > libldap-2.2-7 - 2.2.24-r3 - OpenLDAP Software is an open source
      > implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
      > libldap-2.2-doc - 2.2.24-r3 - OpenLDAP Software is an open source
      > implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
      > libldap-2.2-slapd - 2.2.24-r3 - OpenLDAP Software is an open source
      > implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
      >
      > but I don't have any sysinit scripts in /etc/init.d for slapd. I'm a
      > fedora user typically, is this a normal debian thing to not package a
      > sysinit script?
      >
      > I have searched google and the nlsu website for any howto/recipe for
      > openldap setup.. but I haven't found anything.

      There's no initscript included in OpenSlug. This is due to the fact that
      many packages do not include one in the tarball used to build the
      package, so one has to be made to fit openslug. Feel free to adapt one
      of the other init-scripts in /etc/init.d/ to start openldap.
      If you do, please send the file to the mailinglist, and it'll be
      included in the next release :-)

      Regards,
      Øyvind Repvik
      OpenSlug Package Manager

      > --
      >
      > Bill Peck
      > http://www.pecknet.com <http://www.pecknet.com>

      > Communication and networking
      > Wireless communication and networking
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=-1Cy7rgDdkUo3T3bGhOAAw>
      > Linksys nslu2
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Linksys+nslu2&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=j3mKdhnq2Dp0IwkO41UTZg>

    • Frederic Wenzel
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2006
        Øyvind Repvik schrieb:
        > bill peck wrote:
        >>
        >> I just got my slug up and running with openslug. Yay!! I'm very
        >> excited. I have instlled the following ldap packages:
        >> (...)
        >>
        >> but I don't have any sysinit scripts in /etc/init.d for slapd. (...)
        >
        > There's no initscript included in OpenSlug. This is due to the fact that
        > many packages do not include one in the tarball used to build the
        > package, so one has to be made to fit openslug. Feel free to adapt one
        > of the other init-scripts in /etc/init.d/ to start openldap.
        > If you do, please send the file to the mailinglist, and it'll be
        > included in the next release :-)

        Okay, I made a very small one that doesn't do anything special but is
        still way better than nothing. Feel free to include it into the package.

        Fred

        -----

        #! /bin/sh
        #
        # This is an init script for openembedded
        # Copy it to /etc/init.d/openldap and type
        # > update-rc.d openldap defaults 60
        #

        slapd=/usr/libexec/slapd
        test -x "$slapd" || exit 0

        case "$1" in
        start)
        echo -n "Starting OpenLDAP: "
        start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec $slapd
        echo "."
        ;;
        stop)
        echo -n "Stopping OpenLDAP: "
        start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile /var/run/slapd.pid
        echo "."
        ;;
        *)
        echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/openldap {start|stop}"
        exit 1
        esac

        exit 0
      • Øyvind Repvik
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2006
          Frederic Wenzel wrote:
          > Øyvind Repvik schrieb:
          >> bill peck wrote:
          >>> I just got my slug up and running with openslug. Yay!! I'm very
          >>> excited. I have instlled the following ldap packages:
          >>> (...)
          >>>
          >>> but I don't have any sysinit scripts in /etc/init.d for slapd. (...)
          >> There's no initscript included in OpenSlug. This is due to the fact that
          >> many packages do not include one in the tarball used to build the
          >> package, so one has to be made to fit openslug. Feel free to adapt one
          >> of the other init-scripts in /etc/init.d/ to start openldap.
          >> If you do, please send the file to the mailinglist, and it'll be
          >> included in the next release :-)
          >
          > Okay, I made a very small one that doesn't do anything special but is
          > still way better than nothing. Feel free to include it into the package.
          That looks good. I'll add this to the feeds later.

          Regards,
          Øyvind