openldap on openslug

  • bill peck
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006

      Hello,

      I just got my slug up and running with openslug. Yay!!  I'm very excited.  I have instlled the following ldap packages:

      root@openslug:/etc/rc3.d# ipkg list_installed | grep ldap
      libldap-2.2-7 - 2.2.24-r3 - OpenLDAP Software is an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
      libldap-2.2-doc - 2.2.24-r3 - OpenLDAP Software is an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
      libldap-2.2-slapd - 2.2.24-r3 - OpenLDAP Software is an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.

      but I don't have any sysinit scripts in /etc/init.d for slapd.  I'm a fedora user typically, is this a normal debian thing to not package a sysinit script?

      I have searched google and the nlsu website for any howto/recipe for openldap setup..  but I haven't found anything.

      --

      Bill Peck
      http://www.pecknet.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006
        bill peck wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I just got my slug up and running with openslug. Yay!! I'm very
        > excited. I have instlled the following ldap packages:
        >
        > root@openslug:/etc/rc3.d# ipkg list_installed | grep ldap
        > libldap-2.2-7 - 2.2.24-r3 - OpenLDAP Software is an open source
        > implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
        > libldap-2.2-doc - 2.2.24-r3 - OpenLDAP Software is an open source
        > implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
        > libldap-2.2-slapd - 2.2.24-r3 - OpenLDAP Software is an open source
        > implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
        >
        > but I don't have any sysinit scripts in /etc/init.d for slapd. I'm a
        > fedora user typically, is this a normal debian thing to not package a
        > sysinit script?
        >
        > I have searched google and the nlsu website for any howto/recipe for
        > openldap setup.. but I haven't found anything.

        There's no initscript included in OpenSlug. This is due to the fact that
        many packages do not include one in the tarball used to build the
        package, so one has to be made to fit openslug. Feel free to adapt one
        of the other init-scripts in /etc/init.d/ to start openldap.
        If you do, please send the file to the mailinglist, and it'll be
        included in the next release :-)

        Regards,
        Øyvind Repvik
        OpenSlug Package Manager

        > --
        >
        > Bill Peck
        > http://www.pecknet.com <http://www.pecknet.com>

        > Communication and networking
        > Wireless communication and networking
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=-1Cy7rgDdkUo3T3bGhOAAw>
        > Linksys nslu2
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Linksys+nslu2&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=j3mKdhnq2Dp0IwkO41UTZg>

      • Frederic Wenzel
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2006
          Øyvind Repvik schrieb:
          > bill peck wrote:
          >>
          >> I just got my slug up and running with openslug. Yay!! I'm very
          >> excited. I have instlled the following ldap packages:
          >> (...)
          >>
          >> but I don't have any sysinit scripts in /etc/init.d for slapd. (...)
          >
          > There's no initscript included in OpenSlug. This is due to the fact that
          > many packages do not include one in the tarball used to build the
          > package, so one has to be made to fit openslug. Feel free to adapt one
          > of the other init-scripts in /etc/init.d/ to start openldap.
          > If you do, please send the file to the mailinglist, and it'll be
          > included in the next release :-)

          Okay, I made a very small one that doesn't do anything special but is
          still way better than nothing. Feel free to include it into the package.

          Fred

          -----

          #! /bin/sh
          #
          # This is an init script for openembedded
          # Copy it to /etc/init.d/openldap and type
          # > update-rc.d openldap defaults 60
          #

          slapd=/usr/libexec/slapd
          test -x "$slapd" || exit 0

          case "$1" in
          start)
          echo -n "Starting OpenLDAP: "
          start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec $slapd
          echo "."
          ;;
          stop)
          echo -n "Stopping OpenLDAP: "
          start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile /var/run/slapd.pid
          echo "."
          ;;
          *)
          echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/openldap {start|stop}"
          exit 1
          esac

          exit 0
        • Øyvind Repvik
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11, 2006
            Frederic Wenzel wrote:
            > Øyvind Repvik schrieb:
            >> bill peck wrote:
            >>> I just got my slug up and running with openslug. Yay!! I'm very
            >>> excited. I have instlled the following ldap packages:
            >>> (...)
            >>>
            >>> but I don't have any sysinit scripts in /etc/init.d for slapd. (...)
            >> There's no initscript included in OpenSlug. This is due to the fact that
            >> many packages do not include one in the tarball used to build the
            >> package, so one has to be made to fit openslug. Feel free to adapt one
            >> of the other init-scripts in /etc/init.d/ to start openldap.
            >> If you do, please send the file to the mailinglist, and it'll be
            >> included in the next release :-)
            >
            > Okay, I made a very small one that doesn't do anything special but is
            > still way better than nothing. Feel free to include it into the package.
            That looks good. I'll add this to the feeds later.

            Regards,
            Øyvind