Re: [nslu2-linux] change root Password on original firmware

  • Oliver Voelker
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hi!

      > Now, this does only work as long as the HD is connected. But i dont want
      > to have the HD spinning all the time, i want this to work with no drive at
      > all, or from a small flash drive. I do hate the noise of spinning disks in
      > my TV-room.

      I can't answer your question but in another thread we have discussed the
      power management of hard disks.
      The Hitachi drives allow you to configure the time after which they will
      stop the engine.
      Maybe this is another idea how you could have both: a permanent available
      drive and no noise if you don't use the drive.
      Just look in the thread from yesterday or the day before...

      Bye,
      Oliver
    • pacogozalez
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
        Thanks Oliver, but i possibly did find another way.

        Using the NSLU2_V23R25_rc_flash.bin.gz firmware on the files section and a
        lot of playing around i finally got telnet root into the nslu2 "flash
        drive only".

        I did have to change the the files on the flash thow. The original setup
        would not work. And starting telnet is still not auto, due to my lack of
        linux knowledge. I do use the http://192.168.1.77/Management/telnet.cgi?
        method for now.

        Seems like i will be able to have my webpage on the nslu2 soon....